Capture the Flag Part 1

A/N Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment/vote!

To the side is a picture of Seth >>>>

****

When we were little Veronica and I used to play cowboys and indians. I always insisted on being the cowboy, because I loved wearing the hat. I guess you can say that's where the competitiveness between us started. As messed up as it sounds, my favorite thing in the world was holding my plastic gun  to Veronica's head and demanding her to surrendor. Now here I was, dressed in a black v-neck and tight black leggings being handed a mock-hand gun that shot out bullet simulators, and it felt just like old times. "Team leaders please head over to the front of the auditorium to be debriefed." Dean Figaro said monotonously from her spot at the podium. 

"The last time we did this was Sophomore year." Seth swooped besides me, his warm breath blowing down my neck. He grabbed one of the mock-guns and pretended to shoot it at me as he muttered, "Pow. Pow. Pow."

"Very mature." I said, trying not to smile. I grabbed a headset from the supply table, which acted much like a headband. 

"What are you so cranky about?" He raised a single-eye brow at me. I hate his stupid face. That stupid adorable face that makes it impossible to be mad at him. "Afraid I'm going to kick your ass again?" He teased, nudging me with his elbow playfully. I pursed my lips at him, adjusting my ear piece as I stared at him blankly. "Is this about the mission?" He asked. "I know you were perfectly calpable of handling Perez but I couldn't stand by and watch." He began to defend himself. "I'm sorry if you think I was trying to show off or something like that. I know how much you hate it when guys treat girls like damsels in distress." He rambled on nervously. "But that asshole deserved it." He said the last part quietly, his hand reaching for mine tenatively. 

I pulled away from him. "It's not about the mission."

Seth let out a sigh of relief. "So...what's this about then?"

"It's about the fact that your still dating my sister." The words rolled off my tounge sharply. Seth's eyes darted back and forth, checking to see if anyone who mattered was around to hear. 

"I told you, Lex, I have to ease into these sort of things. I'm not good at breaking up with people. Especially a girl who can throw a knife at my head with perfect aim." He reached for my hands again, and this time I let him take them. "You're the one that I want." 

"It sure doesn't feel like it when I see you sucking on Veronica's face." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "How much longer are we going to do this? Veronica will find out, she always does, and then what? Then I'll turn into the evil twin sister."

"I'll break up with her." He said short and simply.

"It's just that you and I-wait what? Did you just say what I think you just said?" 

"I'll break up with her." He repeated, causing my lips to widen into a smile. "I'll do it the second a moment presents itself to me." He promised.

"I really want to kiss you right now." I admitted, biting my lip as I stared at his. 

"Sister alert." My other roomate, Mackenzie warned as she walked past. I pulled away from Seth, and he turned in the opposite direction. 

"Just like old times, huh?" Veronica asked as she stepped into place besides me. "You were always good with a gun." She pursed her lips, tossing the mock-hang gun between her fingers. She pressed the barrel to the side of my face. "But you could never pull the trigger..." She sighed, pulling the tip of the gun off of my skin. "Try not to choke during the game." She patted me on the back, brushing past me.