Hot & Dangerous

A/N Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment/vote

To the side is a picture of Jonathan >>>

*****

I was lying face down in the back of a van. My hands were tied behind my back and a bag was over my head. I could hear the heavy breathing of the three who had taken me, but other than those few facts that was all I knew. 

What had I gotten myself into this time?

"Are you sure she's the one?" One of them asked. I could feel their breath as it blew down onto me. We took a sharp turn, causing my body to ram into the side of the van. I stretched out my fingers, but the tape binding them together was too tight to break. 

"I'm positive." Perez answered. "She's part of the group that jumped me at the game." There was a tazor tucked into my skinny jeans. If I could reach that it could give me a slight advantage over them. All I knew was that I had to get out of this van. I couldn't let us reach our destination. Jonathan ripped the black bag off my head. It took a couple seconds for my eyes to adjust, but when they did I saw that there were three others besides Perez in the back of the van. Each of them were still wearing their ski masks--don't ask me why. I knew what they wanted from me. They wanted answers, they wanted to know how much The Academy knows about them. And they think that I, a clueless teenage girl, would give them everything they needed. "Who are you and who are you working for?" Perez asked, his piercing eyes digging into me. 

"Please let me go." I begged. "I have no idea who any of you are." I made my voice waver, to try to convince them that I was scared. "My parents will pay whatever ransom you want, just don't hurt me please." I dug my nails into my palm so that my eyes would water. I leaned up against the wall of the van and started rubbing the tape around my rips against the metal door handle. 

"This is the girl that attacked you at the game?" One of the masked men asked in disbelief.

"She's a trained spy." Perez rolled his eyes. "She knows how to manipulate people."

By now, I was able to get a steady trail of tears to flow down my face. "I don't know what you're talking about. I've never seen you before in my life."

"STOP LYING." Jonathan bellowed. He pressed a cool blade of a knife against my cheek. "Now I'm not going to ask again, who are you and who are you working for?"

I gulped nervously, continuing to rub the tape against the metal door handle. "I already told you," I whispered. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Jonathan slashed the knife through my cheek. I gasped, pulling away from him as my blood dripped onto the carpet floor. "Enough playing around." He grunted, twirling the knife in front of my eyes. I had to reach my tazor it was the only chance I had against these guys. 

I leaned forward as far as I could so that my face was only inches from Perez. "Like I said," I sighed. "I've never seen you before." Before he could react, I turned myself around and ran the tape through the knife he was holding. The blade sliced my hand but I didn't have time to address the damage. I grabbed the tazor from my jeans and pressed it into his ribe cage. Jonathan collapsed over as his body started to convulse. I grabbed the knife and threw it at one of the masked men who came towards me. The knife pierced straight through his hand and he let out a blood curdling scream. I held out my tazor defensively towards the other two. "Stop the van, NOW." I pressed my back against the van's side door, one hand on the tazor and the other on the door handle. The tires continued to spin underneath me. 

"Don't. Let. Her. Get. Away." Perez gasped. 

One of the remaining two grabbed my foot. I kicked them in the face with my free leg and he hit his head against the window. The other jumped on top of me, his weight pinning me to the floor. We wrestled for the tazor which I continued to clasp tightly between my fingers. He aimed it towards me, while I fought against his strength. The van jostled back and forth as we ran into a pot hole. He rolled off of me and I tazored him in the side. "Tell them to pull over." I told Jonathan who was temporarily paralyzed on the floor. He chuckled in response, his dark eyes narrowing at me. "Tell them!" I yelled, realizing that this van had no intention of stopping. I glanced through the tinted windows. We were coursing through a neighborhood with plenty of grass to break my fall, but also plenty of pavement for me to crack my head open on. I kicked open the side door. The wind blew through my hair as the van sped down the narrow road. 

"You won't be able to get away next time." Perez warned me. "I'll get you and your little boyfriend." He threatened. 

"Good luck with that." I said, taking a leap of faith as I hurdled myself out of the moving vehicle. I hit the ground hard, landing on a patch of grass in front of someone's house. I tucked my head as my body rolled to a stop. Gasping for breath and covered in countless bruises and scratches I watched from the ground as the black van drove off. My body burned in pain, but I pushed through it and propped myself up onto my elbows. The skin along my arms--patches of it starting to peel off--and legs stung as I climbed to my feet. 

Perez would keep his promise. He would finish the job.

Until then, I had to get back to The Academy. 

***

A/N

I know it's short but I wanted to keep this chapter and the next separate so I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to comment/vote!