The Academy

To the side is a picture of Ben>>>

A/N Comment/Vote if you like what you read!

*****

 Let me get a few things straight. My name is Alexis Mankoff, I'm seventeen years old, I have an evil twin sister, and I go to Trinity Academy. From the outside looking in, it's just another prep school for the rich and privledged but in reality is a training ground for the next generation of covert operations. In simple terms, it's a school for spies. 

 There are two ways to get accepted by Trinity Academy. One, and the most common way, is your parents are in a high position of power in government so you are sent here to either follow in their footsteps or learn the tools of the trade. Both of my parents attended the academy, so at a young age I was always expected to go here. Our family is sort of a legacy.

And two, you have been selected by the schoo board for exceptionally high IQ's and or superior physical performance. Being selected is rare, but those who are are almost always the highest ranked in their class. 

Seth was selected when I was going into Sophmore year. Naturally, all the girls gravitated towards the hot newcomer-known for his skills in programming and combat. People like Seth are trained to go into the Field. But not everyone at the Academy is a master of combat and weaponry. We have students whose homework is hacking into the Pentagon. And others, like me, who are sent on mini missions into the neighboring town to take down gang members and drug dealers. Students with the brains, are trained for the behind the scenes work of espionage: surveillance, tech, and communications. Students with the fighting skills, are trained to enter CIA programs when they graduate.

Your class rank is the single most important thing. It not only gives you superiority over your class, but determines what division of covert operations you will be sorted into once your graduate. The top 10 of the Senior class are selected as the school's X Team: the most prestigous youth covert group in the nation. It's my goal to one day be a part of it, and follow in the steps of my big brother, Dean. 

Veronica and I have always been...competitive. Whether it was with school or boys, we've always tried to out do the other. Maybe it's because we look exactly the same, so the only way we can get our parent's attention is by being the best. Veronica's always been good at being the "better twin." She has the "cooler" friends, the "perfect" boyfriend and her class rank is two above mine. 

It's already hard having an older brother graduate at the top of his class. But having a twin sister who is pretty much the better version of yourself? 

Let's just say, we don't get along well. 

Trinity Academy has been the only home I've ever known. With my parents constantly moving around, taking on new missions, and leaving the country various times a year, The Academy has basically raised me. We rolled up to the manicured lawns and twenty foot tall gates. I leaned my head against the window of the van, watching students practice their fencing and rifle shooting in the back fields. Ben was waiting for me at the  marble steps that led up to the two story high double door entrance. His brown hair was ruffled messily and he had his hands stuck in the pockets of his school uniform--khaki pants and a collared light blue Lacoste t-shirt. The sun had begun to set, so students were shuffling inside for dinner. I hopped out of the school's Range Rover that doubled as a make-shift school bus for the rare times we went off campus. Veronica and Seth shuffled out after me, too busy obsessing over eachother to say goodbye. "You look like hell." Ben laughed, his green eyes widening as I came into view. 

"Full of compliments, like usual."  I laughed, as he pulled me into a tight hug. Ben's parents are our good family friend so we've known eachother forever. I buried my face into his chest, breathing in his cologne. "They made me wear a cheerleading uniform."