Insidiae

A/N To the side is a picture of Stella >>>

Comment/Vote and enjoy :)

*****

"Ms. Mankoff, this is Latin class not nap time." Mrs. Dekuiper slapped a ruler against my desk, causing me to shoot upright.

My cheeks flamed red as the entire class broke into a chorus of laughter. I ran my fingers through my touseled hair, slouching as I pressed my palm to my cheek. "You got a little something-" Ben whispered, sticking out his finger to wipe a dab on drool on my chin. 

"Well that was disgusting." I laughed, as he wiped my drool onto the desk. I fought to keep my eyes open and leaned my head against Ben's shoulder for support.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked, pushing up the rim on his glasses. Mac, Stella, and I had stayed up the rest of the night plotting Mission Girls Night Out. I slept for barely an hour and was just not starting to feel the effects. I yawned loudly in response to his question. "I'll take that as a no." He chuckled. "I don't understand your life choices sometimes."

"Shhh...." I placed my finger against his lips. "I'm too tired for another lecture."

"Excuse me, but you shot me last night. I can lecture you all I want."

"You're such a baby."

"I prefer the term man-child." He teased. "Besides, it was a lucky shot." He scoffed.

"You were lying on the floor begging for mercy." I said dryly. 

"The details aren't imporant." He chuckled, waving it off. "You're lucky I went easy on you." 

"You went easy, on me?" 

"I didn't want to embarass you." He explained with a smirk. "Can you imagine being taken down by a computer programer?" 

"You are so full of shit." I hit him on the head, breaking into laughter. 

"Hey, what was with that little stunt you and Seth pulled during the final results last night?" He asked, tapping his pencil against the desk as he talked. 

"I have no clue what you're talking about." I denied.

"So it's just a coincidence that after you mysteriously walked in late, Seth came in exactly four minutes after? He raised an eyebrow at me. "Sounds plausible." He said sarcastically, wigglings his eyebrows.

"Did you seriously time that?" 

"Four minutes and thirty two seconds to be exact." He winked at me.

"You are such a nerd sometimes."

"Somehow, I don't think that's a bad thing." 

"Ms. Mankoff, let me remind you that in order to pass this class you must actually speak in Latin." Mrs. Dekuiper interuppted, her beady eyes glaring at me. 

Ben gulped uneasily, sliding me a piece of paper we were supposed to be looking over. My eyes landed on the word Insidiae, typed in bold black letters. "Insidiae: plot, ambush, treachery." I repeated to Ben.
"Ut 'similis veronica." (That's like Veronica.) 

"Ut id seth." (That's like Seth.) He replied, his gaze shifting towards Rooney and Stella sitting a couple seats in front of us. "Seth decepit te omnes." (He's managed to decieve all of you.) 

"Est non malum." (He's not this evil guy you keep making him out to be.) 

The bell rang. Ben sprang up from his seat, and flung his backpack over his shoulder. 'What's the rush?" I asked, trying to keep up with him as he ran out of class. "Ben!" I called after him, grabbing onto his backpack's strap as we exited out into the hall. "What just happened in there?" I asked, whipping him around to face me.