Code Red

Don't forget to comment/vote!

Sorry it's short, but new chapter will follow soon

****

Winter Break was cancelled. All students we're to report back to The Academy as fast as possible. For the first time in school history, we were under Code Red.

Last year we reached Code Yellow when some kids from town managed to break into the West wing, but this is the first real threat our school has ever faced.

And Veronica and I were at the center of it all. I'm sure you can imagine how popular we'll be once everyone finds out we're the reason their vacation plans were cut short. Just another thing to add to my list.

Overcome with a serious sense of Deja Vu, I sat in front of Dean Figaro's desk. Veronica was sitting besides me and the X Team crowded around us. The nurses sewn up my arm with stitches and did the same for Veronica, but the physical scars couldn't erase the emotional ones. The video of me being tortured had been sent to the school administrators as well as the entire X Team. Someone had managed to breach the security mainframe and email the link to some of the highest ranking officials in the country. It was meant to terrorize us, and it was working.

Of the five guys who had attacked us, only two had been captured. They were currently being held for questioning in an unknown facility at a unknown location. My parents had been notified of what happened but they were busy working on a mission in Dubai.

Figaro's office door creaked open as Seth sauntered in. None of us said a word. I felt some weird pull towards him. I missed our midnight talks and the feeling I got whenever I was around him, but things were finally getting better between Veronica and I, and I couldn't risk our relationship again.

"Now that we're all here, let's begin." Figaro cleared her throat. I quickly glanced towards Veronica and Seth. They both seemed so focused and ready for whatever Figaro was about to throw at us. There didn't seem to be any doubt or uncertainty in either of their eyes. They had become exactly what The Academy wanted: teenage spies.

"As you are all aware, our security was breached when a video link was sent out to multiple agents and officials. We have concluded that this was only made possible due to a mole in our system."

"You think someone at The Academy is working for the Brass Bloods?" I asked. I had grown up in The Academy. It's been a home to me ever since I came here. To think that someone would betray us was a shock.

"A security breach like that could have only been done from someone on the inside." Figaro confirmed my suspicion. I thought about this and considered the possibilities of a student becoming involved with the Brass Bloods. It wasn't impossible, that was for sure. The training and resources provided by The Academy was meant for the greater good, but just as it could create the world's greatest spies, it could also create the world's greatest villains.

"What do they want?" Veronica asked.