CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Invisibility Cloak

It was a long night of cleaning last night, I hope we wouldn’t do that again, when we came back to the common room we smelled like dragon dung, it was good nobody was awake by then. But we still had two more weeks of detention, and two weeks of trying to eavesdrop on Professor Carrow, for our free period the three of us headed to the library, it was quite cold now outside because of the snow, so we couldn’t plan by our usual tree by the lake.

“Okay so what’s the plan?” asked James as we sat on a table at the end of the library, far from other people

“Well, I was thinking that maybe while we’re in detention, we could make an explosion of some sort then we could use some of the invisibility potion left.” Said Scorpius

“Hmm, good idea” I said “though wouldn’t the invisibility potion last? I mean there are only a few drops left and there are three of us.”

“I thought of that,” said Scorpius “so I did some reading last night-“

“Which you always do.” Said James, Scorpius rolled his eyes and he continued

“I read something about the Disillusionment Charm, we could try using it on each other to turn us invisible, though it’s quite hard and we’ll need to practice, so I found another one that could help us,” said Scorpius

“And that is?” I said, gesturing him to continue

“A Bedazzling Hex,” said Scorpius in a low voice “it’s quite similar to the Disillusionment Charm, but it’s easier to cast, it doesn’t make true invisibility like the Disillusionment Charm, but it makes us blend with our surroundings.”

“What’s the difference?” asked James as he stopped rocking his chair

Scorpius shrugged

“I guess the Bedazzling Hex is easier to cast I suppose,” said Scorpius “now here’s the good part, I also found out that invisibility cloaks can be made using an exceptionally strong Disillusionment Charm, or in our case a Bedazzling Hex.”

“Scorpius you’re a genius!” I whispered in excitement

“Great thinking mate!” said James “Now all we need is a cloak that could fit all three of us.”

“I got that one fixed too,” said Scorpius “my mum bought me this big cloak before I went here it’s perfect.”

“Great!” I whispered “Get it now and let’s hex it so we could use it tonight.”

“Sure thing.” At that we stood up and headed to the common room

“I always wanted an invisibility cloak,” said James as we walked “I was about to nick my dad’s once but he almost caught me so I grabbed the map instead.”

“Is it a hobby of yours to steal your father’s things?” I asked as we reached the portrait hole

“Nah,” said James “I only got curious as to what dad kept in his study, then one day I got in and saw the cloak and the map, dad was coming so I only got a chance to grab the map.”

I just shook my head as Scorpius said the password and we got in. Scorpius ran up to their dorm immediately and within two minutes had a giant and horrible looking cloak that could fit the three of us in hand.

“Your mother bought you that?” I said raising my eyebrows “it looks…”

“Horrible I know,” Said Scorpius finishing for me “I wanted to get rid of it, and since we needed a cloak might as well use this one.”