CHAPTER THREE: First Night

I sat between James and Scorpius and continued to watch the sorting.

"Zabini, Blaise II" Then Zabini 'as James prefers to call him' stood up from his gang, and went up to the stool.

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat yelled and the Slytherin table cheered as he walked going there.

"That isn't a surprise" James scoffed.

"I know what you mean" Scorpius agreed.

As Zabini sat on their house table he gave James and Scorpius a deathly glare which the two generously gave back. They stopped their glaring war when Professor McGonagall started her welcoming speech, which was just simply about 'welcome back at Hogwarts!' and the rules that we must follow, and the places where we are not allowed to go to and such. After her speech food appeared on the tables and we started to eat.

"I can't believe there are places here in the castle that we aren't allowed to enter." Scorpius said, after neatly swallowing his food.

"I know right." I agreed slicing a piece of my roast chicken

"That depends if you actually want to follow them" James said grinning evilly.

"I have a feeling you won't be one of those followers James?" Scorpius asked seeming amused.

"You got that right." James replied with his mouth full

"Don't talk when your muth is full" I said in a motherly tone

"Why?" he asked still with his mouth full "Mum?" then he started laughing so did Scorpius. I shot Scorpius a glare and he stopped, then I turned back at James who had gravy on his cheek, which made me and Scorpius laugh.

"Why? What's so funny now?" James asked, sigh still with his mouth full

"You have gravy on your cheek because you keep on talking with your mouth full." me and Scorpius said laughing.

"What? Really?" he swallowed his food "Where?" he started to try and wipe his face, but it did no good, he can't get to the right spot.

"Here let me." I got my handerchief and wiped his face. I then accidentally looked in his eyes which caused me to blush, I think he did too, so I pulled away.

"Thanks" he said

"You're uhm, welcome" I said looking away. Scorpius grinned widely, then I just told them for us to continue eating. After the feast the prefects led us to our common room. Our common room was on the seventh floor, it was just fine walking up those stairs except for the part that they move. Got to get used to that.

Then we stopped in front of a portrait of a woman who was wearing a pink silk dress, she was very fat. The prefects called her 'The Fat Lady'. She was the one guarding our common room, she was a talkative portrait, she seemed to love singing but it seemed like singing didn't love her, I was used to talking portraits our house at Grimmauld Place had a lot of them. Like grandma Walburga's which hated seeing non pure-blood people in her home, Teddy hates that portrait, and the portrait hates him, so with all his patience tries not to mind it, so does Aunt Andromeda, it has this hatred for 'non pure-blood people','blood traitors' and people who were "blasted-off" the family tree. It doesn't get mad at me though, but it still annoys me.

The prefects said the password which was 'Quid Agis?' then the portrait swung forwards and there we were at the common room.

It had a fireplace, sitting areas and it was full of red and gold the Gryffindor colors. The head boy pointed us to where are dormitories were, and that's when everybody started doing their own thing. Some went off chatting, some went writing to their family, and some went to their dormitories, that included me. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" I said to Scorpius and James, who seemed to be not planning to sleep just yet. I went to the girls' dormitories and into my room, I had five roommates, well that wasn't that bad. I changed to my sleeping attire and lay on my bed not feeling sleepy yet. Then I remembered I had to write to Aunt Andromeda, well maybe I can write later or tomorrow. I my bed was beside the window, which was good I like being beside the window, I looked to my side then I saw that girl that Scorpius seemed to be staring at when we were at the boat.

"Hi there" she greeted in a dreamy voice

"Hi" I replied sitting up

"You're that girl at the boat with those two boys earlier right? The ones that got wet?" she smiled

"hehe," I said smiling sheepishly "Yeah"

"I'm Laila, Laila Cynthia Scamander" she said holding out her pale hand

"Alexia, Alexia Orion Tonks" I said shaking her hand. "It's nice to meet you." Laila was a very pretty girl, she had silvery grey eyes, and long dirty blonde hair. No wonder Scorpius likes to stare at her, I think he likes her.

"So do you have an siblings?" she asked

"Uhm no, I'm an only child. what about you?" I asked keeping the conversation flow from going. I didn't want to sleep yet.

"I have two younger brothers, their twins." 

"Aww that's so cute, do you have any pictures of them with you?" 

Then she held out a picture of her, her brothers and I believe were her parents.

"That's them, my mom and my dad" she said pointing each as she said who they were. She got her mother's looks, the blonde hair, the silver eyes and such. While her brothers, looked a combination of both.

"You look so much like your mother." I said looking up at her

"I get that a lot." she smiled "I got a lot of traits from her too, some people even say I sound like her my voice being 'dreamy' "

"Hmm, I think they're right?" I chuckled, she chuckled too

"My mom's a wizarding naturalist, so ism my dad, my mom went to school here too, she was a Ravenclaw.Luna Lovegood." she said simply in her dreamy voice.

"Ohh," I didn't know else what to say

"So have you written to your parents yet?" She asked, okay so here's the subject I don't like talking about parents

"Uhm, I don't have any parents they died when I was still a baby." I said looking down "My Aunt takes care of me, she took me in eversince"

"Oh I'm so sorry I aksed, that's alright." she then hugged me, it was quite comforting

"That's alright, it wasn't your fault," I said patting her shoulder "But about writing yeah, I haven't wrtitten to my aunt yet, I think I should go write to her though, she might be going nuts by now." I started to stand up "See you later." Laila nodded and I headed for the common room. It was ten pm already, yet I still wasn't quite sleepy yet, so I decided to write to Aunt Andromeda. I got to the common room, sat on a chair and started to write.

Dear Aunt Andromeda

I'm sorry I didn't write as soon as like how you wanted you know "as soon as you step foot on Hogwarts write to me!"  I just got very excited. Well anyways I'm in Gryffindor! Can you believe that? I mean I thought nobody from the family was placed in any other house but Slytherin? Well, aside from Uncle Sirius but you know what that lead to. But I don't care! I love it here! How are you there? I miss you lots! I'll try writing everyday!

Love lots,

Alexia

I sealed the letter in an envelope and I was about to head upstairs to fetch my owl to send this letter. I thought I was alone, I guess I wasn't I turned around and saw James behind me at the Boys' staricase.

"What are you doing here? It's quite late you know" he said grinning

"I just wrote a letter for my aunt, I'm about to head back up now, what about you?" I asked like a detective.

"Hmm, you're good, but don't worry I'm not up to no good, I'm just gonna do what you did I'm gonna write to my mum and my siblings. See" he showed a piece of parchment and his quil and ink.

"Hmm, fine then." Then I headed to the stairs and he headed infront of the fireplace. I got into my room and saw all of my roommates were asleep already I quietly got to my black owl Shadow, tied the letter to his leg and whispered "To Andromeda Tonks, 12 Grimmauld Place" then I watched Shadow fly into the night sky sending my letter to my aunt.