CHAPTER TWO: The Sorting

We arrived at Hogsmeade Station, then we were guided to some boats that we were to ride which would bring us to the castle. I got in one with James and Scorpius, James was on the right and Scorpius on the left, I was in the middle obviously.

On the boat we joked around and kept laughing and talking. Then James had an idea which was not very good and made things not quite good.

"Hey I have an idea" James said chuckling

"What's that?" Me and Scorpius asked

"Why don't we tip the boat over a bit it would be fun." he said grinning evilly

"Won't we get in trouble?" Scorpius asked. It was quite obvious he was a goody-two-shoes.

"But it would be fun and no one would notice." he said like he was pleading

"Hmm, it would be fun, what do you think Alexia?." Scorpius seemed tempted and turned to me.

"Well, I think-" I was cut off by James

"See she agrees! C'mon!" Then he started to slightly tip the boat over gently, which was I have to admit quite fun. Scorpius joined in the tipping, and it wasn't that bad until we were having so much fun tipping the boat over and over, we got hit a a large wave, created by our boat tipping. Which got us soaked. It was good that the boats magically sail themselves or else we might have fallen off.

A few people looked at us and laughed, some whispered and some just seemed annoyed by it. There was this girl with long blonde hair, she was quite pale and she had silvery eyes. She seemed to chuckle a bit and smiled at us. I particularly saw Scorpius staring at her even after she looked away at us.

The wind blew roughly and since we were wet, it was so cold. We were freezing.

When we got to the landing stage near the castle, an elderly woman who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall the headmistress brought us to the Chamber of Reception,where we were asked to wait for her to fetch us again and be bought to The Great Hall for the sorting to begin.

Then a boy and girl with some group of friends approached us. The boy came talking first. He had dark skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

"Well, Scorpius, I didn't see you at the train.." he said greeting Scorpius who was at my left, still a bit wet. "Enjoyed, the boat ride I see?"

"Hey there Blaise." Scorpius greeted him, not seeming very lively.

"Why don't you come and join us? Wouldn't your father be disappointed when you go with the wrong crowd?" he said eyeing James "You know what I mean."

Before Scorpius could say another word James just had to step in.

"And why should you care about the 'crowd' he goes with? What are you? His mum?" James spat

"I should care because I don't want Uncle Draco be disappointed in him." Blaise said getting upset. "You wouldn't like that right Scorpius?" 

"Actually Blaise, why should you care? My father doesn't care who I go with, just as long as I'm happy. He doesn't want me to do the same mistakes he did before." Scorpius said defending James. Then just in the niche of time, before a fight started Professor McGonagall came, and she brought us to The Great Hall. It had tall walls that reached up to the ceiling, which was covered with floating candles and enchanted to look like the sky above. We were all awed by it. It was even more magical than the stories I hear from Teddy or Aunt Andromeda. Even after The Second Wizarding War, it still hasn't lost its touch.