CHAPTER EIGHT: Late Night Research

The parchment seemed to open up, and there we saw the whole map of Hogwarts. There were tiny dots with names at the bottom, which indicated who they were and where they were. The three of us just stared in awe and looked at each other seeming to know what we were going to do next.  

“Cool” said James as he got closer.

“We got it.” Said Scorpius

“Now what’s next?” I asked excitedly.

“Look, there we are see.” James pointed at our dots.

“Er, wait a sec we have another problem.” Scorpius said

“And what’s that?” asked James

“What if someone sees this map? There has to be like another incantation for it to close.”

“Scor has a point James.” I agreed.

“Well, I could send an owl to my Uncle George he would surely know.”

“Wait if your Uncle George knew all the time, why didn’t you ask him the password before? You know the first one?”

“I tried that, but he didn’t tell me, he said it would be more fun, if we tried to solve it on our own.”

“Well that took time; c’mon you could ask him later we need to plan out what we’ll do next.” I said looking at the map. And we all stared at the map.

“Look’ said Scorpius pointing at a passageway on the map “a secret passage to the library, we could use it tonight, and the next few days to do some research.”

“Good, then its settled. We meet at the common room tonight as soon as everyone’s asleep.” I concluded and folded the map. “You keep this, and owl your Uncle George about the closing password.”

“Will do.” James said and took the map.

“Right now we should head to class; we could continue this after dinner.” Scorpius said and we all stood up and headed for our last classes.

~~

“Urgh, damn our potions homework is hard.” Coleen groaned and hit her bed, as soon as we set foot in our room.

“I know, damn how the hell will I make a ten page essay about the forgetfulness potion?” Michelle said

“At least you guys understand something; I don’t understand a thing at potions.” Laila said sitting on her bed. Oh crap, Potions well, I was going to meet up with James and Scorpius by the time everyone was asleep, might as well try doing it.

After two hours of writing my hand gave up, I massaged it a bit to ease the pain my writing caused. By the time I finished, everyone was asleep; it was fifteen minutes ‘til midnight. I fixed my stuff and headed to the common room.

It was dark, the fire on the fireplace had already died I sat on an empty seat and waited for Scorpius and James, as I waited for them I heard a thump from the boys’ staircase.

“Lumos” I said under my breath and my wand lighted, and there I saw Scorpius and James.

“That was my foot James.” Scorpius said, rubbing his foot

“Sorry. Oh there you are Alexia.” And they headed beside me

“So are we all set?” I asked

“I guess so, Scorpius?” Said James

“Yep all set.” And at that we headed out of the portrait. We were very careful not to make any noise.