♛┈⛧┈ 041

A few hours later,Nighttime,At the penthouse

A few hours later,
Nighttime,
At the penthouse..

Second Person's POV

You were acting strangely.

After turning in the kidnapper to the cops and meeting with the baby's mother, you somehow stayed quiet during the trip back to house. Haruchiyo wanted to talk to you but sensing the gloomy aura surrounding you, he called off his plan.

Back at home, you seemed like you were trying very hard to act like your normal self. However, Haruchiyo knew something was off with you. His intuition convinced that you were feeling upset and attempted to conceal it from his knowledge.

Haruchiyo couldn't bear to see you being distant with him. He needed to figure out the reasons behind your change of attitude and comfort you until you feel better.

Both of you were eating dinner together. You didn't talk a lot like you usually did, though. It was only Haruchiyo who wholeheartedly told many funny stories to lighten up the mood while you simply smiled a small smile or humming as response.

It was suffocating you to see Haruchiyo all giddy. You also didn't have any appetite to eat yet you forced yourself to swallow the food. Finishing the dinner while maintaining a composed demeanor was one hell of an experience.

"I will wash the dishes." You spoke up before picking up the dirty dishes and carried them to the sink. Haruchiyo was waiting for you to hum your favourite song as you always did.

But you didn't.

In fact, you just remained silent while washing dishes. Haruchiyo was taken aback. Now he could confirm that something disturbing was indeed haunting your mind which caused you to act this way.

' But what is bothering her? Let's see... We were talking about parenthood and having kids earlier- Oh...' A speculation popped up in his head. His eyebrows knitted, smacking his own head angrily. Haruchiyo was mad at himself for being so dumb and oblivious to not notice the truth right away.

' Of course! She could be feeling insecure and uncertain to be a mother! Just like me earlier.. How come I didn't notice this so soon? You're a fucking dumbass, Haruchiyo.' Haruchiyo shook his head in defeat. ' But now I have figured it out, it's comforting time! I can't let her drown in sadness much longer.'

Getting off of the dining chair, Haruchiyo made his way toward you in the kitchen. You were spacing out while washing the dirty dishes. So Haruchiyo surprised you by wrapping his arms around your waists.

You flinched at the sudden physical contact and stopped washing dishes. Putting on a smile on your face, you awkwardly talked to Haruchiyo, "Haru, we can cuddle later."

"I know. But I still wanna hug you."

It clenched his heart with pain to hear your emotionless voice. He could feel you tensing in his arms while he was embracing you.