♛┈⛧┈ 037

A week later,At a police station

A week later,
At a police station..

Third Person's POV

"....so you are saying your manager, Ameri Hanazawa, has gone missing for a week and you have no clue of her current whereabout?"

"Yeah... She hasn't come to the convenience store for quite a while. She doesn't even pick up her call. I asked her neighbours around and they haven't seen her since a week ago , too."

Naoto nodded his head as he jotted down every information he gained from a young adult-- wearing a convenience store worker's uniform.

"Has she exhibited any sign of strange behavior lately?" Naoto asked again. The male worker nodded his head. "Ever since that newbie quitted working, Miss Ameri had been very moody."

"Newbie? May you elaborate?" Naoto was perplexed for a moment. This was his first time hearing this from the convenience store worker.

"We had this newbie working with us a few months ago but she only worked for about two months. Later, she had to move in with her boyfriend in different city. So she quitted the job. Miss Ameri seemed to have...odd attraction toward her." The man in his twenties explained carefully. He was thankful that he was blessed with good memories.

"After the newbie quitted, Miss Ameri had been acting very different. She became some sort of...madwoman? She looked like she was searching for the newbie." The story was quite unsettling to the point the young man felt disturbed.

"Mister Detective...do you think Miss Ameri do something bad to that newbie? I hope not.." he was worried of his boss. Naoto smiled and patted his shoulder. "Don't fret. I will do my best to find her in your stead. For now, you stay put and just continue your daily life like usual."

"By the way, do you have the picture of that "newbie"?"

"Yes, sir. Here it is."

The worker handed over a picture to Naoto. He was yet to look at the picture as he was surprised by the worker's diligence.

"You carry this photo wherever you go?"

"I brought it with me earlier. I thought it might be any use to you."

"I see. You did a good job then."

Naoto put down the photo on the table. He eyed the photo for several seconds before his eyes captured an intriguing image of a familiar figure.

"Oh, yeah. This is the newbie I mentioned." The convenience store worker pointed to a (h/c)-haired lady. "Her name is (Y/n) (L/n). This picture was taken during her farewell party. I didn't know much about her, sadly."

Naoto's eyes were fixed on the lady named (Y/n) in the picture. 'Emma-san...? Isn't this her?' he questioned in bafflement. He knew he didn't mistake it. This (Y/n) resembled the woman named Emma he encountered at Cozy Corner Cafe before.