♛┈⛧┈ 011

Several moments later,Nighttime

Nighttime...

Second Person's POV

"Thank you for your help. I appreciate it a lot, Miss Ameri." You smiled appreciatively at Ameri. She scratched her cheek bashfully, flattered by your words of gratitude. "It's not a problem at all. It's my responsibility as your manager to look after you."

"I know... But I think you have done more than you are supposed to." You voiced out the thoughts that had been lingering in your head. Ameri stared at you quietly. "Are you uncomfortable? With the way I treat you?" She asked, seriousness evident in her voice. You hastily shook your head.

"No, no! I really appreciate everything you do for me. It's just- Sometime, I wonder why are you being so nice to me." you awkwardly expressed your confusion. Ameri stayed silent for a while before reaching out her hand to your face.

Ameri cupped your face, her thumb brushed against your luscious lips. She caressed your hair in a loving way before leaning closer to your face. "Do I need reason to be nice to you, (Y/n)?" She called you using your first name which came out as a surprise for you.

That was the first time you heard Ameri referred you with the first name.

Retracting her hand from your face, her lips curled into a warm smile. "Tomorrow, take a day off. You need to wait until your hand recover a little more. See you again next time, (Y/n)."

You quietly nodded your head as you watched Ameri left your apartment. When the door shut tightly, you grazed the tip of your fingers on your lips. Her touch...felt unusual. It didn't feel friendly nor casual.

It felt as if Ameri meant something more special.

' I don't really like the direction my mind is going to right now...' You sighed. You glanced at your bandaged hand. ' Miss Ameri is romantically interested in women.. From what I heard, she isn't seeing anyone right now. Don't tell me..'

You shook your head, denying the theory. You thought it was impossible. 'Couldn't be that, could it? She isn't a mentally unstable person like Haru. There's no way she would catch feelings for me THAT fast... I hope.'

' Though, I need to be more vigilant and watch my behavior around Miss Ameri. I can't afford to cause misunderstanding that can lead to fake hope for Miss Ameri. I don't want to hurt her. I should lessening friendly interaction with her. Maybe she will slowly lose interest in me after that. Or should I resign from my job at her store?' You wondered.

You knew it was wiser to stop Ameri from developing more serious feelings for you or something terrible might happen if you don't take action quick.

"Anyway, I need to check on Haru--"

Out of nowhere , your apartment became pitch black dark. Unbeknownst to you, Haru had left his hiding spot and standing next to the light switch. His finger was on the switch.