Chapter 106: Insignia

His silver eyes glimmered like the moon as he hovered over me. His wet hair was dripping on my face so I laughed and said, "You said it's shallow. I was just testing the water."

"*Sigh* I don't know what to do with you..," he said then he briefly pressed his lips against mine.

He lifted me in his arms and placed me near a boulder and said, "I'll just get some towels and a new set of clothes."

I suddenly grabbed his arm before he could leave and pulled him down, causing him to stumble to the ground.

"Ah! Ari?" he groaned as he hit the ground.

I jumped on top of him and he was stunned.

"What's wrong, Ari?" he asked as he tried to sit down.

I used my power to restrain his hands and bound it together over his head.

"I'm so confused. What are you hiding?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

He wouldn't answer so I tried to remove his coat and check it on my own.

I was looking for an insignia, though it was impossible that I was pregnant since it was already 2 weeks since our first night. I haven't let them touch me since that night.

I pulled his coat up and saw nothing. I touched his chest and leaned forward to take a closer look and found nothing.

"Goodness!" I sighed.

"Ari, let me go. Please... This view is quite... Enticing," he said with a flushed face as he bit his lips.

His heart was beating so fast that my hand could literally feel it pumping wildly.

"Oh! Sorry. I was just checking out something," I explained then released him.

He suddenly grabbed the back of my head and pulled me then pressed his lips against mine, then he sat up while kissing me.

He pulled away and whispered, "Sorry... I had to take some birth control on the day of our wedding. Are you disappointed?"

I was flustered so I leaned towards him and said, "No. I'm just confused."

"Let's have some children when you get back. I really want to have a child with you," he mumbled as he hugged me tightly.

"Okay." I whispered.

He lifted me in his arms, wrapped my coat, brought me back to the camp and had me sit near the campfire while getting some towels and a new set of clothes. It felt warm though the breeze was cold.

Dillon was sleeping nearby so I crawled near him and tried to peek under his coat, but he caught my arm and opened his eyes. Then, he grabbed the back of my head and pulled me near. He briefly pressed his lips against mine, then sat down as he pulled me on his lap and hugged me.

"Why are you drenched in cold weather like this?" he asked while rubbing my hands, trying to warm me up.

"I went swimming," I mumbled.

"With the Wolf?" he asked as Lowell walked near.

"Kind of," I replied as Lowell handed over the towels and clothes to me.

Dillon grabbed one of the towels and wiped my hair while Lowell removed my clothes and changed into the new one.

Dillon laid down and pulled me beside him. He hugged me tightly and whispered, "Go back to sleep."

His scent was so relaxing that I dozed off as soon as I closed my eyes.

************************************

I woke up early every day to practice my weapons and I didn't feel anything wrong with my body.

"Maybe I was just overthinking..," I mumbled as I pulled the string of my bow to shoot the arrow on a falling leaf.

"Wow! You sure have the knack on bows," Macan praised when the arrow hit the leaf and stuck it in the trunk.

He was sitting on a boulder a few steps away.

"It's my main weapon after all," I mumbled in response as I shot another one.

"I'm quite jealous," he said.

"You can learn any weapon if you just practice eagerly," I replied.

"No. Not that. I'm jealous of your bow, because you can bring it anywhere you want," he said.

"But I can change it anytime," I replied as I looked at him seriously.

"Yeah. It's true... I love you, Ahri," he said with a smile.

I made my bow and arrows disappear using my power, then walked near him. I leaned towards him as I held his legs.

"How much do you love me?" I asked.

He was flustered and answered, "As much as to die for you."

"Right. You already did," I chuckled.

He held my hand and stroked the ring on my finger and said, "I wish I also have the power to help you with your mission."

He looked at the ring with a miserable smile. I hugged him and consoled him because I didn't know how to respond.

He hugged me back and whispered, "I'm satisfied as long as I can be with you, serve you and make you happy even if you can't reciprocate my feelings."

I felt hurt hearing him say that, but I couldn't respond to his words. I honestly liked him too, but I don't want them to be so attached to me just in case I couldn't go back.

"It sounded like I was treating you badly," I teased as I looked away.

"Ah! N-No! It's not like that, babe!" he stammered in panic as he pulled away lightly, trembling while holding my shoulders.

"Can you grant me a simple wish?" I grinned, trying to divert the topic.

"What is it?" he asked as he pulled me back and hugged me tightly.

"Can I see your chest?" I asked seriously.

"W-Why?" he stammered with a flustered look as he loosened his grip.

"Hmm... Maybe it's too much... Never mind. Just forget what I said," I mumbled as I pulled away.

"W-Wait! I didn't say I won't do it!" he said while holding my arm tightly, refraining me from going away.

He suddenly opened his coat and showed his bare chest.

"As expected. There's nothing too..," I mumbled as I touched his flushed chest, caressing it gently as I looked at it intently.

His heart was beating wildly and he looked extremely embarrassed as he watched what I was doing.

He suddenly grabbed my hand and asked, "Are you looking for a mark?"

I nodded blankly as I helped him fix his coat.

"What's up with that reaction? Were you disappointed?" he asked.

For some reason I felt sad, but felt relieved at the same time.

I grinned sadly and said, "Maybe... I'll make it up to you when I return."

He blushed and hugged me tightly, then whispered, "Babe... Lions don't lie and so do Immortals."

"I promise to do my best to return. I promise as a Lion and the goddess of the sun," I proclaimed hastily.

He looked taken aback and flushed.

"Dear? Breakfast is ready," Dylan said as he approached us.

I pulled away from Macan's embrace and ran towards Dylan.

"Let's eat! Mac, hurry or I'll eat your share." I grinned as I looked back at him.

"I doubt you can eat it all," Macan chuckled, stood up and followed us.

Dylan smiled and wrapped his arm on my waist as he led us back to the camp.