Chapter 30: A Nightmare

A hatchling normally couldn't speak properly as they are still not used to their passive appearance just yet.

"*sigh* Never mind. I'm still happy that you are fine. My heart almost dropped when I saw you unconscious this morning." I mumbled as I hugged him tightly and stroked his honey-blond frizzy and curly short hair.

"Would you like me to arrange a nanny for him and a separate room for the meantime?" Lowell asked.

"No. I can take care of him by myself if Ari needs some rest." Dillon insisted.

"Okay... I'll ask someone to prepare lunch and snacks for later. I'll help out by teaching him how to pronounce the words properly too." He suggested.

"Aren't you busy? You looked lax despite being an alpha of a big tribe." I asked in curiosity.

"Nope! I can have my tribe do things for me and your method for sustaining food helped us a lot of trouble." He explained.

"Then why is your father always busy?" I asked in response to his explanation.

"You know he loves chattering so much. He couldn't stay in one place so he just does what he wants while finding a poor fellow to chat with." He answered.

It did make sense. However, I was wondering how an extroverted father gave birth to an introverted guy like this.

"*Yawn* Anyway, can you both please feed him first. I think I will need to take a nap for a little bit... *Yawn* Lowell... L-Let's talk when I wake up and Dillon too." I said as I yawned a few more times before falling unconscious due to exhaustion.

I was a little bit frustrated because I missed my chance to talk to Dillon that morning regarding the matter about my father and the issue of the tribe due to Gurion's sudden appearance, but I was relieved that Gurion was safe. Lowell also seemed to know what had happened because he kept on accompanying me despite his responsibilities as the alpha.

In my dream, I dreamt about the beautiful lady again, but she was crying.

"Ari... My daughter..." She said as she spoke inaudibly as if there was a barrier, making me unable to understand what she was talking about.

Her voice was clear yet her words couldn't get to me. I couldn't understand it except the first three words that she said, 'Ari my daughter'.

I was baffled. How can she be my mother? Is she really the beastman goddess? Why did she bring me to this world? What happened to me exactly before I got reborn here in this world? What about my mother in my previous world?

Questions kept popping up from my mind, while she stepped back further and further away.

I tried to follow her, but a huge crystal egg suddenly appeared, but it was slowly being eaten by a black misty thing. It looks like a black cloud-like shadow covering almost the whole crystal egg.

Inside the egg is a person, but I couldn't see clearly at a distance. I stepped closer to see, but I was shocked when I realized that it was my father Lev.

I wanted to touch it and break it to free my father, but the ground suddenly broke as I fell in the gap.

I jolted awake as I gasped from the sensation of falling from my dream.

Dillon, Lowell and Gurion were all surrounding my bed as they waited for me to wake up.

"Mommy!" Gurion gasps in excitement as I open my eyes. He jumped to hug me, but Dillon caught him up before he could land on me.

"Don't jump on your mommy like that! You're too heavy. You'll hurt your mom." Dillon scolded Gurion.

"Sowee (sorry)..." Gurion apologized cutely as he drooped like a kitten being scolded.

I smiled as I sat down on the bed.

"Did I oversleep again?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, you have been unconscious since yesterday when you said you would just take a nap. I was about to call the elder healer if you didn't wake up today." Lowell replied in a low voice and worried look.

"Did you have a nightmare? You seemed too exhausted and pale." Dillon asked worriedly.

"I'll call Ralph quickly." Lowell said as he ran hurriedly outside.

Acwulf and the elder healer arrived a few minutes later. I was embarrassed as I initially didn't want to trouble them too much.

The elder healer checked my pulse using a thread so as to not touch me directly. According to him, I was weakened due to some unknown reasons and probably due to emotional stress so he recommended some tonics and calming medications to help me recover my strength.

Acwulf wanted to chat with me and Dillon while playing with Gurion, but the elder healer said I need more rest so Lowell pushed his father to go back to the elder healer.

"Dillon, can you please take Gurion for a while. I have to talk to Lowell privately. I'll talk to you after." I asked politely and Dillon agreed, then left with Gurion.

"You saw that too right?" I asked frankly, in a low voice as I was still weak.

"Yes... Is it a taboo to witness that ability? I thought it was just an energy transfer, but it seems a lot more powerful than that. It was amazing. I was not even as surprised as when I learned that you were a female that can shape shift to a form similar to the passive form of a male." He answered while his tail wags excitedly.

"Can you please keep this a secret from anyone else?" I pleaded as I was afraid that my secret would be revealed.

A female with unique abilities normally attracts too many males and it would be disastrous for me since I always faint when surrounded by males.

I was nervous as I pleaded to Lowell to keep my secret.

"Eat your lunch first and the tonics." He asked while offering the food on the table and the medications that the elder healer left for me.

I ate the soup and the tonics given by Lowell hurriedly as I suddenly felt my hunger overwhelming me.

"You don't need to hurry up. You can take your time. You might get a stomach ache if you don't slow down. Also... I can keep your secret, but I have a condition..." He seriously answered.