Chapter 11: Mommy

The deaths of their children are detrimental to all parents. My mother suffered the most during the huge boar incident to the point of losing her mind.

She already lost two hatchlings during the dengue incident four years ago and then she lost another three.

A week later after the incident, I finally recovered from the shock and the minor injuries I acquired during the incident.

I decided to go out and bask in the morning sun since I was stuck inside my room for a week because my father and the elder healer insisted that I recuperate indoors.

I wanted to look for my father and ask him if I can help with anything in the tribe. I saw my father near the pavilion talking to the other tribe members so I ran in his direction.

Suddenly, someone attacked me and pulled my hair in front of many tribe folks and just a few steps away from my father.

"Ah! It hurts! Let me go!" I shouted in pain as I looked at the person who pulled my hair.

I was stunned. I couldn't believe my eyes and felt exasperated.

My mom was as furious as she pulled my hair and screamed her heart out, "You! You killed my cubs! You are the reason they died! You should have been the one who died back there!"

My father hurriedly ran in our direction.

"Freya! What are you doing with your own daughter? Have you really gone mad? Let her go this instant!" He angrily held her hand, forcing her to let go of my hair while hugging me and protecting me from further abuse.

"Let go of my hand, Lev! Give me that monster! She killed her brothers! She should be sacrificed to the goddess for her sins to be forgiven. I, as her mother, should teach her a lesson so she won't do such things in the future." My mother demanded as she struggled from my father's hand.

The tribesmen helped in restraining my mother, but her male partners suddenly appeared and saw her.

"What are you doing to her? Have you all gone crazy?!" Dov shouted while shoving off the other tribesmen who were holding my mother while Drake punched one of them.

When my mother got away, she ran towards me again and tried to take me from my father's embrace. My father shielded me then grabbed both of her hands before shoving her off.

Drake and Dov transformed to their aggressive forms and attacked my father simultaneously. My father transformed and let out a loud and horrifying roar then fought back. The other tribesmen also transformed into their aggressive forms to back up my father, their alpha.

I was too confused at that time as I looked at the pitying eyes of the other elders. They guided me back to the elder healer Lony's abode and tried to calm me down.

I was shaking as I left ahead, leaving my father fighting the other males of my mother.

When we arrived at my room, they explained to me why my mother was so furious at me.

They said that Lindie was not able to explain the situation the moment she was found by an elder in the forest, but as soon as she heard that I was found unconscious in the forest, she started saying it was me who lured the boar to their direction killing my brothers and another cub while injuring the elders accompanying them.

Everyone was so shocked by her words. They found it hard to believe her words because the tribesmen saw me bathing in blood from the huge boar that I fearlessly killed on my own. There were also no signs of my presence in the place where the cubs and the elders were attacked.

The huge wild boars live on the mountain quite far from the opposite direction of the tribal territory. Their numbers are limited but the strength of a single huge boar is equivalent to ten beastmen. Their skin is thick around its back and head so it is too hard to attack them in close distance without preparation.

The elders were already weakened due to their age so they would never lead the cubs to that location and it is rare for those kinds of creatures to enter the thick forest unless their cubs were threatened or disturbed.

Only my mom believed Lindie's words and demanded a thorough investigation.

The investigation showed my innocence as traces of my blood on the trees and broken branches were found from the opposite direction where the boar attacked; trailing to the area where I was found unconscious.

The elders who were injured also testified that I was not there when the boar suddenly attacked them aggressively. They weren't able to retaliate since everything was so sudden.

The boar attacked Lindie first and she ran in their direction shoving everyone in her path including our siblings. The elders tried to stop the boar, but it was too strong and fast and it tackled them all including the cubs that Lindie shoved off desperately before chasing Lindie again.

The reason for the attack was still unknown since Lindie didn't confess what happened and insisted that it was my fault causing her to be chased by the boar without explaining the reason.

I felt hurt knowing that my sister, whom I saved with all my might, insisted that it was my doing and the mom who already avoided me for years began to totally despise me without even asking my side of the story.

My chest ached as tears started to blur my view. I was so sad.

I suddenly miss my mom from my previous life. Even though she nagged me so much every day, she always took my side, even though sometimes it is hard for me to explain the situation. She always made sure to understand my side and protected me from anyone who bullies me.

"M-mommy.." I mumbled in a trembling voice as tears kept falling from my eyes.

The elders pitied me and hugged me as a consolation while the elder healer prepared a calming medicine for me.

My father who just got back from the fight went inside my room and checked my condition without treating his wounds first.

He picked up the miserable me and hugged me to calm me down.

The elders bid their greetings to the alpha and quietly left the room.

Elder healer Lony was left standing by the door and scolded him that he should treat his wounds first as it might get infected.

He said that he only obtained a few scratches so he can treat it later after calming me down.

I felt a little embarrassed for acting like a spoiled child crying my heart out a few times in front of this gentle father of mine so I tried to calm myself up.

When I finally stopped crying, my father told me that starting the next day, he will bring me with him anywhere he goes until everything settles down.

He said that I shall be exempted from schooling since I already am more capable than the younglings a few years older than me.

I was so happy because I can finally accompany my father the whole day daily and help him manage the tribe.