Chapter 73: Is this my end?

"Oh! What do we have here?! I missed you my dear niece! I felt a fluctuation of both the power of the sun and the moon so I figured out... That it was you... Haha! So amusing! You are really sending yourself to me on your own volition. Do you really think you are still a goddess to do such a fooling thing? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!" A menacing voice sneered at a distance.

A man with long jet-black hair and gray eyes was sitting on a throne made from skulls and bones in front of me. Sneering like a satisfied predator playing with his prey.

"W-what do you want from me?! What did you do to Ayla?" I asked furiously despite trembling in fear.

I tried to struggle, but the more I did, the more intense the grip of the ghostly shadows gripping my body. It wriggled all over my body and I felt extremely terrified and disgusted.

"What do I want from you? Mmm... Nice question... Just simple... If I can't get your mother, I'll settle with her beautiful child... Stay within the Abyss... You can choose to either fuse with Ayla or be my Queen... Oops! If you choose to be my Queen, you won't be Ayla's sister anymore. You will be her mother. Mmm... Well! I don't care. You don't look far behind Hera's beauty anyway. Also, I like that frightened look in your eyes. It's extremely exhilarating! Hah! I wonder how my dear brother would react once he sees me marry his only beloved daughter. I'm thrilled to see his mortified look! Hahaha!" He mumbled creepily before laughing sarcastically.

He kept talking nonsense that I couldn't even imagine. His eyes were full of lust that my head felt light and my stomach was turning upside-down.

"Pervert! Where is Ayla? What did you do to her?" I asked in irritation because he didn't answer my question seriously.

"Do you think I would dare to kill my own daughter with my beloved Hera? Hah! Ayla is the most powerful goddess in Nirvana. If it's not because of you, her power should have been complete a long time ago. You ought to give her your body to her. Uniting as one and becoming the most powerful goddess beyond the power of the Great Being." He continued mumbling in a furious tone.

"Was it even my fault that Arie did not want to be fused with Ayla? I am not even the Arie you are talking about!" I screamed furiously.

I still couldn't accept that I was the Arie he was talking about. I was so confused at that moment. Trying to collect my thoughts together, my head was hurting badly and I haven't even recovered from the pain I suffered just a few minutes ago.

There are times that I subconsciously accepted the fact that I was Arie, especially in front of Ayla. However, when reality strikes, I am just getting more and more confused about who I really am.

He stood up furiously and dashed towards me.

"Denial! Do you want me to crack open that head of yours just to help you pull out the memories imprinted on your soul?" He sneered with a sinister smile on his face while grabbing my hair tightly to forcefully make me look at his eyes.

My body is trembling as I shut my eyes due to fright. The memories of my previous life kept popping in my head. I no longer remember the exact thing he did to me when I was young, but I can never forget his threatening voice. I felt disgusted and horrified at the same time. I wanted to puke on his face.

Why was I even here in the first place?

"Sephtis! Stop it! Let her go!" A voice screamed furiously at a distance.

"Ayla! Why do you always interfere in my business? Isn't this what you truly wanted? Didn't you want to take over her body to complete your power and ascend to the peak of the hierarchy?" Sephtis asked in irritation.

For some reason, I felt betrayed and hurt hearing his words. Did Ayla want to take over Arie's body to complete her power and to reach the top?

"Nonsense!" She screamed while forcefully pulling me out from the grasp of the shadow hands and his father.

We suddenly got transported to a dark and empty space. I was so confused about what was going on. However, my mind totally went blank the moment Ayla suddenly pushed me to the depths of an unknown pit.

"Why?!" I blurted out in shock.

I was distraught while looking up to her serious yet worried face as I fell down into a deep hole.

Why did she push me? I don't know what she was thinking. I couldn't understand what was going on. Did she really hate me to the point that she could just throw me away like this?

Will I just die like this?

Why was this happening?

What will happen to my father?

What about my brothers, sister and my mother?

What about Dillon and Lowell?

What about Gurion?

What about Tora, Macan and Blake?

Will they be sad if I die?

What about the translation of the ancient stones? Who will continue writing it and compile it into a book?

I am not ready to die yet.

I miss my father. I miss my brother Orson. I miss Gurion.

I still want to see my father. I wanted to let him know how much I love to be his only daughter and to thank him for protecting me since I was reborn in this world. I still wanted to confess to him that I used to live in a world where everything was so advanced due to technology and I was not the genius he thought I was. The things I've shared with them was just a basic knowledge of my previous life and I only did it because I wanted to live better.

I felt guilty for pretending to be knowledgeable on many things and pretended that the things I made were my invention and discovery.

I miss everyone. I should have fought my fear and held them all as much as I could. I should have not repeated the same mistake I did during my previous life. I still want to experience having my own family with Dillon and Lowell.

I wanted to feel the warmth of their embrace; the refreshing scents of Lowell and Dillon; the sweet, playful yet warm embrace of Lowell; the fluttering hot kiss of Dillon.

I still want to know how it feels to kiss Lowell's soft and sexy lips. I still want to know the feeling of bearing a child with the two of them. I still want to see brother Orson fall in love with a female. I still want to watch Gurion grow as a gentle lion beastman. I still wanted to experience growing old together with all of them.

I suddenly fell unconscious due to exhaustion from the falling sensation in the bottomless pit.