Chapter 91: Gurion's Mother

We were supposed to head out the next morning, but unfortunately, we were informed that Gurion's mother had contracted some strange illness that they couldn't cure. We had no choice but to tend to her first, looking at how dire her situation was.

I remained in my passive form because she might feel uncomfortable if she suddenly saw the daughter of the alpha who punished her son leading to his untimely passing. She and her partners hadn't seen me in my passive form and without my mask on, so I thought it would work out well.

Dylan's people led us to Jala's room, Gurion's mother. Her spouses and a few Sirens were surrounding her.

"I thought she's been doing well already?" I asked, looking at Dylan with a confused look.

"She did. We have no idea what happened now. She just recovered recently," he worriedly replied as we walked near the bed side by side.

He suddenly looked sharply at his people who forgot to bow their heads when we entered the room, "Everyone, pay respect to the goddess of the sun, my beloved Arie."

Everyone, including Jala's spouses, were flustered and hurriedly bowed down to greet me.

"Rise... May I know what her illness is?" I asked the crowd.

"Greetings to the light of Nirvana, she just recovered from a heart disease a year ago, but it seems like it's a relapse and it became worse because she just recently gave birth," one of Dylan's people reported.

Her lips were purple and her breath was unstable—her nails were also turning purple. Her hand, arms and toes were stiffening.

"She might hyperventilate if she keeps on breathing like that," I mumbled subconsciously.

"My dear... Is that a term from your previous life?" Dylan asked.

Flustered, I responded, "Oh! Right. Sorry... Can you clear the room please? I'm not comfortable using my power in front of others."

"As you wish," he said while kissing the back of my hand.

"Everyone, vacate the room," he ordered firmly despite smiling.

The Sirens followed instantly, but Jala's spouses looked hesitant, so Dylan looked at them sharply and they went off immediately.

"Jala... Do you still hear me? Calm down. You need to breathe slowly," I said while checking her condition closely.

She nodded slightly despite being unable to speak.

"My goddess, are you aware of the toll of healing on your body?" Dylan asked.

"I am. Please take care of me after this," I said while smiling at him.

I placed my hand on Jala's forehead and poured my power into her body. I suddenly felt a huge amount of energy slipping from my body.

"This is not a good idea... You'll exhaust yourself! We're beneath the ocean where the light of the sun won't reach," he nagged.

"Dylan... Please be quiet for a moment," I mumbled as I concentrated on healing Gurion's mother.

I felt as if my own blood was draining and the strength in my body was weakening. I stopped when I saw her breathing returned to its right rhythm. Her face was still pale, but her condition seemed to get better.

Dylan suddenly lifted me in his arms as he rushed outside.

"Check her condition again," he ordered his people while gritting his teeth.

Dumbfounded at Dylan's furious reaction, his people and Jala's spouses hurriedly went back inside the room while calling her name.

"Will she be alright now?" I asked as I leaned on Dylan's chest.

"She will, but she will need constant checking and I don't think you are capable of doing that. Don't fall asleep—I might do something offending to you. I didn't know you'll be as reckless as I was," he mumbled as he dashed to my room.

"Yes, I guess I really became like that after meeting you. Still, I need to do it for the people I love... I'm sleepy..," I mumbled and almost fell asleep.

He suddenly threw me on the bed while hovering over me. I jolted though I still felt sleepy.

"Excuse me for my rudeness," he said as he lightly pressed his thumb on my chin, pulling it down to open my mouth lightly as he pressed his lips against mine.

Just like when we were in the ocean, he passed his energy through the kiss. I don't even know if it was counted as a kiss. I slightly recovered from the exhaustion I was feeling just a moment ago, so I pushed him lightly.

"Must it really be a kiss? What if it was another female?" I asked curiously, despite feeling a bit sultry from the thought.

He pulled away and sat down by my side and said, "I won't be able to do that no matter how dire the situation is. I was using the power of your Stone of Oath."

"But you can transfer your energy to others right?" I asked.

"Yes, but it can only be used to sustain a life—you just lost your strength. I don't have a recovery ability. I can only help you recover using the power of the oath. Also, I can never kiss anyone other than you," he mumbled without looking at me though his body looked flushed.

"How about your ability to enable me to breathe underwater?" I asked.

"Pardon me for being rude that time. We were already underwater when I realized that you couldn't use your power freely—I could only use that method. I was also baffled at that time because I had no idea that you lost your memories. I also thought you became mortal and remained mortal, even after awakening, but it wasn't the case," he explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Even though your memory was still restricted for some reasons, your body was your actual body when you were still Arie. In simple terms, your mother in the Forest Lion Tribe has been just a host for your resurrection—you were not reincarnated. It only underwent growth like a normal mortal because you were not yet awakened," he explained.

"I'm confused," I mumbled.

"Immortals like us don't actually die easily. We can turn into a core after splitting our souls in a dire moment and wait for it to recover and for the part soul to return to the main core. If the core could not recover on its own or the part soul couldn't come back, there are only two processes. One is to plant your core to your mother or a host and undergo the regular process of pregnancy, from mating to birth—of course, your father should also be the father. The second one is to sacrifice the power of an immortal," he explained.

"We can't die easily? What if we couldn't turn into a core?" I asked in curiosity.

"Hmm... We dissipate into the air. I am not sure if a dead Immortal also goes through reincarnation," he answered.

"Then, how did you know about it?" I asked.

"Immortals usually don't undergo reincarnation, though we still call it a rebirth. Also, it means that the part of your soul was transported to another dimension causing your reincarnation in a different world, despite still existing though dormant in this world," he explained.

"I'm still confused, what about my father?" I asked.

"Sorry... I have no information about your father. I was so distraught upon learning your death that I wasn't able to visit Nirvana," he responded.

"Hmm... Does that mean after awakening I became an adult instantly and I was way older than everyone?" I asked.

"Immortals don't age after awakening, though you are not entirely wrong, you are literally older than any mortals alive today," he answered.

I was petrified learning my actual age. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Technically, I am older than all the elders in this world.