Chapter 88: Our Secret Hangout

He looked straight into my eyes as if he was frightened that I'll be gone before his sight while grabbing and twisting a part of the throne, causing it to turn around and move towards a portal at the back of the throne.

"Have you forgotten this place? It's ok my goddess. As long as you can still remember me, it doesn't matter to me," he whispered before kissing my neck while trying to remove my necklace.

I pushed him back forcefully and said, "No! Don't remove it, Dylan. I didn't come here for this and you haven't fulfilled your part yet. I told you to let go of every female you've captured."

He was confused and asked, "How about those who were already abandoned by their tribe and were already living with us peacefully?"

I raised my eyebrows in confusion—I thought every female they captured was forced to go with them.

"So, you believed the rumors that we take away females by force? We did lure them to go with us, but we always brought them back if they didn't like to stay with us after some time. It may take them a long time to go back due to the difference in time here and on land, but we still manage to bring them back safely to their family if they wish to," he answered with a saddened tone in his voice.

I was so confused by his words so I asked consecutively, "Then what about Arvad's mother near the border of the territory of the Forest Lion Tribe. Didn't you take her too? Did your people kill Arvad? The bunny hatchling we found in the forest where we came from, didn't your people hurt him too?"

"Who are you talking about? Are you talking about a Lion female and a Rabbit female? We didn't capture a Rabbit female, but we did find a dying hatchling in the forest. However, we didn't find his mother," he responded.

"What about the Lion female?" I sprung in disbelief.

"We did have a Lion female in our possession, but we didn't force her. She and her son were attacked by a few Lion tribesmen. The young male was already bleeding to death when my people found them and drove away the assailants. He died in an instant, driving the female to lose her mind. My people took her and left the dead body of her child knowing she wouldn't want to go back to the tribe any longer after the incident," he answered with a sincere voice.

"He was attacked by the tribesmen? Did your people describe them?" I asked eagerly in confusion.

"No. They didn't. Sorry, I can have you talk to her if you wish to," he answered as he stood up and lifted me in his arms.

He brought me inside the huge bedroom lit up by the same luminous crystals. The bed was wide and low—it was slightly covered by the draping red curtain from the ceiling down to the floor. The cover was made of silk and it was white as a white pearl. The pillows were also made of silk, but it was not just an ordinary silk, it was finer than the silk we used to make.

He placed me gently on top of the bed and sat beside me quietly. He seemed sad for some reason that it felt like I wronged him for misunderstanding the situation without even asking what really happened.

I looked at him in his eyes and asked, "Can I trust your words?"

"I never lied to you. I never did if you could only remember everything," he answered with a sad tone in his voice.

My chest and head suddenly hurt as some memories from my previous life burst like an explosion.

***********************************

We met when we were still too young. Sirens used to be allowed to enter and exit as they pleased at the portal for the mortals, since they were initially immortals and were considered as minor gods like the other children of the minor gods and goddesses.

I used to cry on the shore in Nirvana because the other children of gods and goddesses like me used to tease me for being the weakest among the peers. He saw me crying one day as he entered the portal near the shore—I was embarrassed and tried to run away.

He suddenly held my hand, preventing me from walking away. He then knelt and bowed down in front of me while murmuring, "Mi dea. Nomen servi huius Dylan est. Das mihi nomen tuum pulcherrimum? [My dear goddess. This servant's name is Dylan. May you grant me your beautiful name?]"

I stood up righteously in front of him as how I was taught I should and answered politely, "Arie, proles Reginae Deae Hestiae et Deus Minor Lev, princeps vester primus. Surge, Dylan. [Arie, offspring of the Queen Goddess Hestia and the minor god Lev, your first ruler. Rise up Dylan.]"

He stood up as I said and smiled at me while wiping the tears in my eyes.

He was the most beautiful creature I have ever met. He has emerald eyes that glisten when he smiles. His wavy silver hair with a tint of blue from half to bottom was as shiny as the most precious silk. His blue-green scales glitter every time the light shines on it. He has a light brown skin that compliments his red coral lips.

He asked why I was crying so I told him the reason. He promised to come every day and play with me so I won't feel lonely even if the other children kept teasing me behind the elders. I was so happy back then and thought that I finally found a friend, but when Ayla learned about it a few days later, she became jealous and prevented me from going to the shore. I had to sneak out behind her back to meet with Dylan even for a short time.

I told him that we can't play anymore because my sister was jealous and doesn't want me to meet him any longer and told me that she will inform our father regarding our meeting. He contemplated my words and told me to follow him and we will be back in just a minute.