Chapter 31: Close.

Spirit Sighed. How was she going to pull this off? What if the plan didn't work? What if it goes horribly wrong? What if she never got to see Screech again?

The question 'what if?' kept echoing in her mind. She knew she couldn't think like that anymore. She needed to think positive. For her sake, and for Screech's. She was supposed to save everyone. She needs to save everyone. 

No matter what. 

If she freed one soul, she could free more. It was the least she could do. And that's what she was going to do. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She focused all of her energy into summoning a portal.

The portal formed almost instantly in front of her. It was almost as if it had been waiting for her arrival. She took a step forward and began to enter. She opened her eyes and... found herself in the sky? She shrugged and walked back through the portal and into her room. 

'Wrong Universe... Uh let's see...' She thought. She summoned another portal. 'Alright... here we go.' She stepped through. When the portal closed, she found herself in complete darkness. She moved foward. Her eyes adjusted slowly to the dark. She heard faint humming coming from behind her.

She looked back, noticing that the portal she created disappeared. "???." She spoke coldly. "Spirit." Came his response. "I know what you're doing." She spat bitterly. "What?" "Don't play dumb. Don't try to cover it up. I know

Her words were filled with venom. "Fine, you caught me." ??? replied calmly, floating around her. Spirit's Eyes lingered on him and narrowed. "You killed Hide, right?" She interrogated. "So what if I did?" ??? countered, smirking at her. 

Spirit glared at him and clenched her fists. "And you're not killing them alone, correct?" She questioned. ??? hummed. "Correct." He replied simply. Spirit gritted her teeth. "But you can't do anything about it, Can you? You're just so weak... Fragile.. Vulnerable. You're no match for me..." ??? growled. "That's what you think." Spirit snapped. "So, you really think you can beat me?" ??? asked, smirking wider when Spirit remained silent.

 "Here, let's make a deal;" ??? started. "If you succeed in defeating me, I'll leave their souls alone. If you fail in defeating me, you die, and they get trapped in my world for the rest of eternity. Deal?" Spirit hesitated. She hadn't considered this. She was worried... What if she failed? "Deal." She finally decided. 

"Good. Now I want you to meet me back here in 3 days." ??? spoke. Spirit nodded, then turned around to leave. She needs to get ready for this.

Meanwhile...

Figure sighed. He had gotten used to being blind by now. And honestly... He didn't mind that much. Not anymore anyway. He felt around for a chair to sit on. After a while, he found one, and sat down. 

What should he do today? What could he do today? There wasn't anything important for him to do anyways... So he decided to relax a little. "Well that's just great.." He murmured under his breath. 

And suddenly, he shivered. "Sorry..." He heard Halt say. Figure was about to respond but, heard something. "Do you hear that?.." Figure asked quietly. "Hmm? Hear what?" "I keep hearing loud noises... It sounds like someone is fighting with someone." He stated, standing up. "I don't hear anything." Halt stated. 

"Are you sure?" Figure asked. "Yeah.." "Hm.. maybe I imagined it." Figure muttered to himself. "Maybe." Halt responded, still sounding unconvinced that Figure heard something. "I guess I'm just being paranoid.." Figure chuckled nervously, scratching his neck. "Yeah, probably." Halt agreed.

After hearing a bunch of noise and yelling, Figure realized that it wasn't imaginary, so he left to investigate. He found out it was Rush And Ambush doing something..."Ugh, what are they doing?" Figure asked himself. 

He couldn't really do anything, so he decided to hear. "And I'd just like to thank you for teaching me how to turn into my human form, very nice of you." Ambush spoke while holding Rush by the throat and checking out his human form.

 Rush was struggling to breathe. "I've always wondered how to..." Ambush added, raising Rush's head by force on accident. Rush was starting to choke. "Ambush!" Rush yelled in between breaths. "Yeah?" Ambush questioned. "You're choking me—" "Oh." Ambush Said, looking at Rush And dropping Him. Rush gasped in huge breaths of air, desperately trying to gain the oxygen back to his lungs. 

Ambush just stood there watching Rush struggle and failing at that. After a few minutes passed, Rush was able to breathe normally and was able to stand up. Once standing, Rush brushed himself off, annoyed. "Sorry..." Ambush mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Figure just stood there, trying to process everything. "Oh hey Figure! We didn't expect you!" Rush smiled. "Wha.. Uh hi And bye." Figure mumbled softly, still a bit shocked.

 Then, he turned and quickly exited the area and back into the library. Not without bumping into a few things though.

(Sigh.

He didn't even notice that he bumped into somebody too. The person fell over, causing them both to fall onto the floor. They groaned in pain, then sat up. They noticed Figure staring at them. "Seek?" "No... Jack. Sorry for bumping into you by the way." Jack spoke. "Uh, it's fine! Hey, um, why are you in here, anyway?" Figure mumbled. 

"I'm... uh. Just looking for some help with something." Jack answered quietly. "Ohhh... I see." Figure responded awkwardly before walking away. "See ya..." Jack whispered to himself and looked around the library, hoping Figure would be gone soon. Finally, Figure walked away. Again. Jack quickly turned into his human form and started searching. 

It had to be here somewhere. He was determined not to lose track of it now. 

This might be the only chance he'd get to get it back.

(If u know which killer this is, Don't spoil it 🙃

(Should be ez to Figure out

(Ok I'll stop I'm Sorry 😅