17: Monster?

No ships

Bit of Angst

"...Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Spirit trailed off slightly as she floated over to Screech quietly. "It's... fine. It's not your fault anyway... I think." Screech muttered under his breath, refusing to make eye contact with Spirit. "I can't forgive you for throwing me off the roof but... thank you for cheering me up." Screech said with a weak smile before looking up to see Spirit looking at him. "But... where have you been this entire time?" Screech added. "...Somewhere." mumbled. Screech stared at her in confusion. "...What do you mean?" Screech asked gently.

"Nothing. You shouldn't interfere, Screech." Spirit said quietly. Screech tilted his head slightly. "Why not? Are... are you trying to protect something? Are you trying to... hide something from me?" Screech asked, slightly panicked. Spirit remained quiet for a moment before answering. "You aren't ready yet." She said calmly before floating away.

Screech continued to stare after her confused, wondering what she meant by that. Why wasn't he ready?? What was he supposed to be ready for??? He sighed softly and went back to laying on his bed. He closed his eyes, not wanting to stay awake anymore. Just then, he heard something. The door opening again, which caught his attention instantly. He glanced at the doorway only to see the door shut and the light turn off. "Who...?" Screech muttered curiously, sitting up and walking over to the doorway. He peeked his head out of his doorway and into the hallway to see who it was, only to notice it was just Seek. Seek was muttering something to himself. 'What is he doing?...' Screech thought confusedly.

Suddenly, Seek stopped and proceeded to transform into some tall black inky monster with one eye.

(SHOCKER🤣)

Screech's eyes widened. He quickly shut his door and went back into his bed. Screech's eyes widened even more, not believing what he just saw. He shuddered and whimpered in fear as he hid under the sheets. He heard footsteps coming towards him, and footsteps growing distant at the same time so Screech closed his eyes and stayed absolutely still. Soon he felt a cold hand on his face. He tensed up and opened his eyes slightly.

Then he saw that it was only Spirit. "Screech...? Is... everything alright?" She asked quietly. Screech stared blankly at her for a moment before sighing in relief. "Yes, sorry... I just- Nevermind." Screech said as he covered his face with his hands. Spirit hummed slightly, slightly disappointed. "Do... Do you want to go on another adventure to get your mind off of whatever happened?..."

Screech hesitantly lifted his head slightly. "No But... Can we go to Rush's room? I just... miss him." Screech muttered quietly. "Sure." Spirit said as she helped Screech get back to his feet. She offered Screech her hand, which he gladly grabbed as they made their way to Rush's room. As they entered, Screech's mind was flooded with memories of Rush. He let go of Spirit's hand as he sat down next to Rush's bed, hugging his knees close to his chest. "Do you want me to leave?..." Spirit asked quietly. "Yes please..." Screech said quietly. After saying that, she left. "Why did you have to die?..." He spoke quietly.

He buried his face deeper into his sleeves as he sobbed quietly into them. The only sounds present were from his occasional sniffles. He eventually got up and started looking through Rush's things to calm down for a bit. Then, he spotted a bouquet of flowers on Rush's dresser. It reminded him of Rush so he held it for a bit before taking off one of its flowers and sticking it into his hair. This reminded him of a song him and Rush used to sing before they became best friends.

Pick a flower...

Pick a flower...

Bumblebees are out.

He chuckled lightly, feeling slightly better now. He then called Spirit's name and they went back to his Room. Once inside, Screech flopped onto his bed once more as he grabbed a slice of cake and tried to eat it as fast as possible. "Here Take some too." He said as he handed her another plate with a slice of cake. "Uh, no thank you..." Spirit declined politely before sitting back down across from him. Screech shrugged and started eating again. Then, Screech looked around before turning back to her. "Um..." He said quietly. "What?" Spirit asked. "Can... can we watch a movie or something?" He said hopefully, earning a chuckle. "Sure." Spirit replied softly as she sat on the window sill. Screech smiled brightly as he sat up straighter, grabbing the remote and switching to the first movie he could find that looked interesting.

3 and a half hours later.

"Well that was fun, but I have to go now." Spirit said as she sat up. "Okay, bye! Thank you for hanging out with me." Screech said as he waved. "Bye!" Spirit said as she floated out the window once more.

That's right

Seek's already a monster

Lol