Chapter 33: Letting it all out.

Hey. 

Turns out I missed my presentation. Oh well. Let's continue.

Unsure if I made an error somewhere. If I did, please point it out.

As soon as they entered the room, everyone turned silent upon seeing Jack's appearance. "So.. I think we know who one of the killers are now." Halt stated calmly. "I cant believe it.'.." Screech muttered. "Well, what are we going to do?" Eyes asked, floating slightly behind Halt. 

"First, someone needs to watch over Jack. It might be dangerous if we leave him alone.." Halt decided. "How about I stay by him?" Figure suggested. "Sounds good." Halt nodded. "We will discuss it tomorrow. For now, we should all head back to our rooms for the night." He concluded. Everyone nodded in agreement. After everyone left, Jack stayed put, still staring at the ground with tears running down his cheeks before eventually helping Figure get to the library. 

All his thoughts drifted back to the horrible experience he had earlier, and his body was starting to ache. He felt himself slowly fading back into unconsciousness. Before he completely passed out, he heard someone whisper something.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright."

-Timeskip To midnight

Figure was still awake making sure that Jack was alright and that nothing bad would happen to him while he slept. He kept hearing strange noises though. Sometimes it sounded like muffled laughter. Other times they were loud thuds that caused him to startle everytime. He was worried that whatever was causing these sounds was getting closer to them. 

He held onto Jack tighter, praying to god that whoever was doing this would stop eventually and that he wouldn't have to resort to violence. "Figure? How is everything going so far?" Window whispered, appearing next to them. "Okay... I guess." He answered with an unsure tone. "Weird noises keep happening, and I can't tell where it's coming from." "Oh. That's odd. what do they sound like?" He asked, moving closer to them. "It sounds like laughing and loud thuds..." Figure replied, slightly concerned.

 "That can't be good..." Window mumbled. "Yeah, it doesn't sound good." Figure added quietly as the noise got louder. Window flinched, feeling uneasy. Jack began stirring lightly. "Wha.. h... what's going o...on?" He mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes. "Nothing. Go back to sleep." Figure responded. Jack simply nodded in response, drifting back to sleep immediately. 

Once he was asleep, Figure continued listening to the strange noises. He heard a voice say something along the lines of "good luck~" but then silence ensued. "Hmm.." Figure hummed. "Strange.." He said quietly."Well... I'm gonna go now. Goodluck to both of you." Window announced before vanishing. "Thanks.. Bye." Figure yawned, shifting Jack so he could get comfortable. After another minute or two, Figure finally fell asleep.

***

When he woke up the next morning, Jack was already gone. "Huh." Figure sighed. 'I wonder where he went..?' He wondered, stretching and standing up. Then, suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Come in..." Figure said tiredly. The door opened, and Halt entered the room with figure's breakfast. "Here, breakfast." He said softly, handing figure the plate. 

"Thank you.." Figure mumbled tiredly before taking a bite out of the food. He almost moaned at the taste. "Wow. This stuff is amazing." He said, smiling happily. "What is it?" He eventually added. "A human head." "OH." Figure said, surprised, but pleased nonetheless. "Yup.." Halt confirmed before turning around and leaving. Figure smiled and began eating again happily.