Chapter - 33

Pete's Pov

" Nice to meet you ", I was respectfully greeting and bowing to all the people my father was introducing me to..
I was already given a brief introduction about almost all the important people while training..

" I can't believe, you kept such a handsome son hidden for all these years ", the guy whose name was probably khun laong said to my father.

I just smiled.

" Well, we can't question Khun Kang's decision. We all know how many enemies he has", someone said , if I remeber right his name was probably Chen. He was a close accomplice of my father.

" Pete it's time for your last media appearance , let's go and get done with it", dad said ...
Ahh, finally it's the last one.
I am tired of doing all of it. I really pity khun kinn now..

Its also been a while since I last met him, I need to personally apologise to him for leaving without informing him..

" Pete you're doing this one alone , don't answer questions you find invading. Stick to the script and I am sure you'll be fine. Kevin and Tung are here to assist you, good luck son", he patted my back .

I nodded..

I was very nervous, all of this is very new for me. The fame , the power, being in spotlight it's all unusual..

I am used to being in the background, being the main character is definitely tiring and bothersome.. I wish Vegas was with me right now .

I haven't talked to him ever since the party begin.. hopefully after this I'll get to spend some time with him..

.........

Vegas's Pov

I can't help but admire how handsome Pete was looking today. Even though we didn't get time to interact with each other, we stole glances quite often..

" Mr. V",

I turned to find khun Kang was here..

" Yes sir?",

" I need to talk to you for a while. I wanted to do it properly ,but the chances are I might have to leave tomorrow, due to some urgent issues",

I nodded and went with him to what seemed his study.

" Take a seat Vegas ",

I did as he said..

" Vegas, I want to continue the deal with you. Because now I'm assured that you won't ever betray me
I am not giving you this offer because  you're dating my son ,but because you chose his safety above the deal you worked so hard to get. You earned my trust that day. And that's all I need to start our business partnership..
And as I gave you my word , I'll also help you in case you want to break a war with main family..",

" Thank you so much khun Kang for being so considerate, and giving me the chance to work with you. It'll truly be an honor for me.
But I don't want to break a war with main family, my dad wanted that, not me and as he is gone now, I have no reason to do so..",

" That's what I expected from you Vegas ..", he smiled.

" Though, am still worried about my uncle . Pete being your son must have been a shocker for him. I am sure he must be scheming something right now..am worried he will try to hurt pete, again ."

" I am worried about that too. Unfortunately, I have to go back to Korea for few days, I won't be here with pete. Though , I have assigned my most skilled people to help and protect him..I am still stresssed.
Frankly speaking Vegas , you're the only person I can trust with pete. I want you to take care of him as I'll be gone. "