Chapter 39

I stood next to one of the generals around a large map of the world. It was only day after my friends left and I was planning for the invasion with the Council of Five.

"General Fong's base will serve as the launching point for the attack. In exactly two months, the army and navy will invade the Fire Nation on The Day of Black Sun" General How said, moving Earth Kingdom figures towards the Fire Nation with his bending.

Momo jumped onto the map and pushed the figures over.

"No, Momo, stop!" I quickly picked him up and looked at the generals apologetically. The general quickly bended the figures back into their positions and spoke once again.

"All we need is the Earth King's seal in order to execute the plan" General How sent the scrolls my way and I picked them up. "I'll get these scrolls to him right away. Thank you, General How" I said, quickly walking out of of room with Momo on my shoulder.

I walked through the Upper Ring until I made it to a new tea shop.

"I heard this tea shop serves the best tea in Ba Sing Se, do you want to go for a cup, Momo?" I asked the lemur and he rubbed his face against mine. I walked into the shop and two waitresses greeted me at the door.

"Table for two, please" I said. I was about to sit at my table when I spotted a familiar red head placing tea onto a tray. "Lee, tell your uncle I need two jasmine teas, one green and one lychee" She called out.

The person behind the counter turned and my eyes went wide when I saw Prince Zuko.

He smiled at her and nodded before rushing into the kitchen. I let out a small gasp and Akira turned around.

Her eyes widened and she immediately placed her tray on one of the tables next to her. I saw her walking towards me and I ran out of the tea shop.

I couldn't stay around for any longer or Zuko would spot me.

Akira quickly caught up to me and I turned around to face her.

"What are you doing with Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation?" I demanded, looking up at her. Akira was much taller than me but she looked like a scared puppy when her eyes met mine.

"Nothing, I swear. I'm just working in the tea shop. How do you even know he's the Prince of the Fire Nation?" Akira asked. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he's been chasing me and my friends all over the world" I replied.

"He never told me that." She looked at the ground before sighing. "Look, please don't tell anyone. Him and his uncle are trying to find a better life here. Zuko isn't that person anymore."

I nodded and she smiled at me. She quickly walked away and I felt guilty for lying to her. Akira was nice enough and nothing like her dad.

But Zuko was a terrible person and he couldn't be trusted. I didn't believe her words for a second. Akira was too naive. Of course Zuko didn't want to build a life here. He couldn't just suddenly be a changed person.

I had to tell the king to ensure nothing bad happened.

◇ ◇ ◇

I ran to the palace and into the throne room. Suki and two other Kyoshi Warriors were sitting in front of the throne.

"Suki, thank goodness you're here! Prince Zuko is in Ba Sing Se! The Fire Nation infiltrated the city! We have to tell—" I paused, not seeing the king or his bear anywhere. I then looked at the three warriors and my stomach dropped.

It was Azula, Ty Lee and Mai.

"Tell who? If you're speaking about the Earth King I'll let him know." The three of them stood up and I quickly waterbended some water at Azula who was rushing towards me. She jumped back. I suddenly felt my back being punched and I knew it was Ty Lee.