Chapter 7

"This is a prison cell? But it's so nice" Katara said.

"He did say it was newly refurbished" Aang shrugged.

"Nice or not, we're prisoners" Sokka said.

"I wonder what these challenges are gonna be" Aang said, looking down at his staff.

"We're not sticking around to find out" I said.

"There's got to be away out of here" Katara said.

"The air vents!" Aang pointed at the vents.

"If you think we're gonna fit through there your crazier than that king" Sokka looked at Aang.

"We can't but Momo can" I said, realizing.

"Momo I need you to find Appa and bust us out of here" Aang grabbed Momo and pushed him into the vent.

"Go on boy, get Appa!" Aang said.

"Eh, how was Appa supposed to save us anyway?" Sokka asked as he lay on one of the beds.

"Appa is an intelligent 10-ton flying bison, I bet he can figure something out" I shrugged.

"Well, there's no point arguing about it now, you'll need it for tomorrow" Katara said. Everyone got into a bed.

"Uh, guys, there's only three beds" I said.

"Go sleep next to Sokka" Katara said.

"What?! I'm not sleeping next to her!" Sokka yelled out.

"Hey, I'm not that bad, atleast I don't snore!" I said crossing my arms.

"Fine, whatever" I said. I raised an eyebrow when I noticed Katara smirking. I got into bed next Sokka and moved far away from him.

***

I woke up to the sound of guards coming inside.

"The king has asked for us to get you" One of the guards said.

The guards took me out of the chamber and brought me into a room.

"Hello Mira" The king said. I looked at him shocked.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"You don't remember an old friend?" He asked. My face turned into one of realization.

"Bumi?!"

"It's good to see you again" He snickered. I walked towards him and gave him a hug.

"Why are you making Aang do all these challenges?" I asked.

"Troubling times have come upon us, Aang needs to master all of the elements and defeat the Fire Lord as soon as possible.He needs to start figuring things out by himself" Bumi said.

"But how are we going to find a firebending teacher for Aang?"

"That you will have to figure out yourself, now would you like some breakfast?"

***

Aang's POV

"Where is Mira?!" I asked the king. Sokka and Katara were there but Mira wasn't.

"Don't worry avatar, she's safe"

***

Mira's POV

"How am I supposed to know his name?" I heard Aang's voice as I made my way towards him, Katara and Sokka.

"Think of the challenges, maybe it's some kind of riddle" Katara said.

"I know! He's an earthbender, right? Rocky, you know because of the rocks" Sokka suggested. I smacked my forehead.

"We're going to keep trying but that was a good backup" Katara said.

"Come on Aang do you really not know his name?" I asked. They all turned around with smiles on their faces.

"Mira! Are you okay? Where were you?" Aang fired questions at me.

"I'm fine. Now, no more questions, you have to figure out his name" I said.

"Okay, back to the challenges. I got a key from a waterfall, I saved his pet, and I had a duel.

"And what did you learn?" Katara asked.

"Well, everything was different from what I expected" Aang said.

"And?" Katara asked as the crystal covering her body grew.

"All of the challenges weren't straight forward. To solve each test I had to think differently from how I usually would. I know his name" Aang told us. I looked at him and nodded and he smiled at me.

"So do I" I said. Katara and Sokka looked confused but didn't say anything.

***

"I solved the question the same way I solved the challenges. As you said a long time ago, I had to open my brain to the possibilities " Aang told Bumi. Bumi began to laugh and snort.

"Bumi, you're a mad genius" Aang ran towards Bumi and hugged him.

"Oh Aang, it's good to see you, you haven't changed a bit, literally" Bumi said.

"Uh, over here" Katara, Sokka and I walked towards Bumi and Aang.

"A little help" Sokka said. Bumi earthbended the crystals off them and caught one is his hand. He bit into it.

"Genomite is made of rock candy, delicious!" Bumi said.

"So this crazy king is your old friend Bumi?" Katara asked.

"Who are you calling old? Ok, I admit, I am a little old" Bumi sighed.

"Why did you do all this instead of just telling Aang and Mira who you were?" Sokka asked.

"First of all, I told Mira who I was. Secondly, it's pretty fun messing with people but I do have a reason. Aang, you have a difficult task ahead of you. The world has changed in the a hundred years you and Mira have been gone. It's the duty of the avatar to restore balance to the world by defeating Fire Lord Ozai. You must learn the four elements and confront the Fire Lord. And when you do, I hope you will think like a mad genius" Bumi told us. Aang bowed to Bumi.

"You're in good hands, you will need your friend to defeat The Fire Nation. And you'll need Momo too" Bumi said.

"Thank you for your wisdom. But before we leave, I have a challenge for you" Aang said.

***

Bumi, Aang and I rode down the delivery system.

"Woohoo!"

"My cabbages!"

***
A/N

I have a question, would y'all read an Aang fanfic if I wrote one? I'm thinking about it.

Also, rip to all of the people that died on the 11th of September 20 years ago.

-Daria

11/09/2021

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated