Chapter 2

3rd Person

"Aang! Mira! Wake up!" Mira heard Katara's voice. She opened her eyes and sat up before putting her parka on.

"Everyone's waiting to meet you two" Katara dragged Aang out of the tent, Mira followed.

"Aang, Mira, this is the entire village. Entire village, meet Aang and Mira" Katara said. They looked scared of Aang, but looked at Mira's Water Tribe clothes curiously.

"Hello" Mira waved shyly. "Are you from the Northern Water Tribe?" One of the little girls asked.

"I am" Mira nodded and the villagers exchanged looks. She felt the tension among them so she decided to leave and sit by the water.

Mira walked down to the ocean and sat down in the snow. What did her father and sisters think when they found out she ran away? What did Kesuk think? Has she really been gone for so long?

Her thoughts were cut off by Katara.

"Mira!" Katara yelled. Mira stood up and ran towards her new friend. "Katara, What's wrong?" She asked.

"The village! Firebenders, they're here!" Katara exclaimed. "Where's Aang?" Mira asked while they ran back to the village.

"Sokka banished him, I don't know what to do" Katara said. "Sokka is such an idiot." Mira face-palmed herself.

◇ ◇ ◇

They arrived back at the village. Mira noticed a Fire Navy ship about to crash into a figure, Sokka.

"What are you doing, Sokka!?" Mira ran up to him and pushed him out of the way. "What were you thinking!? You could've died!" Mira said.

"I didn't need your help" Sokka turned away from her. Mira rolled her eyes and went back down to the centre of the village where men in Fire Nation attire walked off the ship.

Sokka ran towards them but the one who seemed to be the leader pushed him out of the way.

"Where are you hiding him?" The leader asked. He looked at the villagers. "Who?" Mira asked.

"The avatar, I know you're hiding him!" He yelled at me. Mira's eyes widened. He was looking for Aang.

"He would be about this age, master of all four elements?" The leader with the scar suddenly grabbed Sokka and Katara's grandmother.

Everyone except for Mira looked at him with confusion on their faces.
He pushed Kanna back to Katara. He then shot fire at the villagers.

Mira got water from around her and whipped him in the face.

The boy with the scar turned to her with anger.

"Take the waterbender as a prisoner" He yelled at the other soldiers. Mira began to run but the soldiers crowded around her. She bended water at one but then realized that she couldn't beat them all.

She lowered her arms and looked at Katara as she was taken onto the ship.

◇ ◇ ◇

"Aang!?" Mira looked up in shock to see Aang opening her cell.

"We have to go find my staff" Aang grabbed her arm and the two ran to find his staff.

As they were running they stopped in front of five soldiers.

Aang blew them out of the way and the two continued running and looking into rooms.

Mira opened a room and saw an elderly man sleeping.

"Sorry" She whispered.

A few minutes later, Aang and Mira found the room that Aang's staff was in.

"Take your staff and let's get out of here before the guy with the scar sees us." The door slammed shut as Mira finished.