Up and Down

We walked around the whole of the club looking for George and Jordan. 

"Maybe she left?" Gabriel had been trailing a good distance behind me. 

I shook my head, "She would have told me she was leaving. I'm pretty sure." 

"Okay." Gabriel's expression made it clear he didn't agree, but he wasn't trying to fight with me. 

I shot him a glare and turned away. Shane's face caught my attention. He was kissing a girl in the middle of the dance floor. 

She was being bumped by the people dancing around her. 

I grimaced and took out my phone to call George. 

My phone rang twice and then the call was ended. She doesn't usually deny my calls. 

I haven't seen her since the start of the night. She might be with Jordan, but she didn't come to tell me she was leaving. What if she didn't want to go with him. What if it wasn't even Jordan she was with. Fuck anything could have happened and I'm just standing here too awkward to interfere with someone's kiss.

On the verge of panic, I pushed my way through the crowds to Shane.

"Shane!" I yelled grabbing his arm frantically. 

"Jesus, Artemis what now?" he shouted, louder than he needed to. 

The girl he was with stood awkwardly the side. I smiled at her, "Sorry for interrupting. I really need to know where George is. I can't find her. Do you know where Jordan is?" I yelled over the music. 

"She went home with Jordan. They couldn't find you, so I told them he was looking after you and they could just leave." 

"Oh. Okay, thank you. I was really worried." I said relieved. 

Shane shrugged and turned away from me. 

I sighed and spun around to head out of the club mollified. My head bumped into Gabe's I took a step back and accidentally knocked into Shane and the girl he was once again kissing. 

Shane spun fury overtaking his expression, "You are the one who went and sat in the bathroom feeling sorry for yourself. Leave me alone. You are acting like a bitch. You have no right to be upset that I'm kissing someone else!"  

"I'm sorry, that was an accident." I jumped back bumping into Gabriel's chest. His arms wrapped around my waist to steady me. 

"Oh yeah, like how you desperately needed me to tell you that your friend went home with that man she always goes home with." He stepped closer threateningly.

In an instant I was shoved behind Gabriel. 

"Back off." Gabriel's voice was cold. 

"No wait." I wriggled around him, "I was just worried about her. She usually answers when I call."

"Oh, of course and you didn't consider that maybe she was just busy? Would you answer the phone while you're trying to fuck someone?" He moved closer his face close to mine. "You know what you probably would. Get yourself some more attention." 

Gabriel hand shot out and grabbed Shane's throat, "I told you to back off." 

I knew how strong Gabriel's grip was. 

"Gabe, stop it!" I yanked on his arm as Shane whimpered. 

My pulling did nothing as Shane's face screwed up in pain. 

Gabriel glared as Shane's head began to loll. 

My hand came up and slapped his face. 

Gabriel's face contorted in shock as he released his hold on Shane.