Playing games

I put my phone away with a sigh.

Obviously Gabriel was right about Riley needing space and time for himself. I just missed him.

"What you want to see him that badly?" said Gabriel.

"Well I'm just kind of bored that's all." I said playing off my disapointment.

"My company isn't enough for you? Is that it?" His eyes burned with a dark flame.

My body began to betray me my shivering became more violent. My back seemed to bow of its own accord. Hot fear shot down my spine and pooled in my lower belly. Well something was pooling in my lower belly and I was scared.

I cleared my throat, "I thought you were just waiting for Chloe or something."

"She asked me to watch you until she got back"

"Ah that makes sense I guess. Well, I am starting to feel antsy. Come play a board game with me."

"I'm just here because Chloe asked me to. I'm not here to play games with you."

"Are you really that bad at board games?" I teased.

"Oh you want to do that huh?" Gabriel made his way towards me.

"Well I figured I may as well. I can't loose against you."

Gabriel grinned, "Alright, I'll bite. But there have to be stakes."

"Sure," this was fun, I flicked my hair behind me dramatically, "not like it's going to effect me. Want to make it into a drinking game?"

His grin slipped off his face, "No, you can't drink. It's bad for you. Besides some of us aren't alcoholics." He sniped.

"First of all... Rude." I chuckled not letting his mood bring me down. "Fine you choose the stakes."

"The looser has to answer any question the winner askes truthfully."

"Ooooh, the stakes are so high. Now I'm really scared of playing." I joked.

"Whatever let's just play. What are we playing?"

"Okay so it's my favorite game. It's called THE WITCHES. It's based on Terry Prattchett's Discworld books about witches. He's my favorite author."

I set up the game while Gabriel read through the rule booklet. It was very long. I grinned. I was going to destroy him.

When I first got the game it took me four tries to figure of how to play properly.

"Soooo are you done reading through the booklet? You can keep it with you throughout the game incase you want to check up on the rules."

He glared up at me. "I know what you're doing, but I'll still beat you."

I laughed "Okay then, roll the dice."

He picked up the four dice and prepared to roll.

"No, just two of them remember? You roll the other two after you have decided what bonuses to add"

He grunted and rolled the two dice.
He got two sixes far more than the eight in total he needed.

He smirked and picked up one of the tokens.

"No you still have to roll the other two dice. Incase of cackle counters."

"But I did it. I solved the problem. I needed eight to deal with the broken limb I got 12."

"Yeah but you still have to roll, and take cackle counters if you get ones."

I laughed. I knew it was because he had never played the game before, but his expression was just so cute. He had that little scowl.