Let's go out

The wine was good and I had already finished one bottle.

George and I were sitting in her room debating make up choices and who we should invite out with us.

The music was loud and so were we.

"But if we invite jordan I'm going to sleep with him." George grumbled.

"Well. Do you want to sleep with him?" I asked opening a new bottle of wine.

"No, but then I see him and I don't know I just want him to like me." She was sprawled on her bed face down.

"I thought you didn't like him?" I asked.

George groaned and sat up glaring, "look it's very simple. I don't like him, but he must like me."

I laughed, "Okay let's not invite him then."

"How about Shane?"

"Shane and Jordan are friends. If you invite Shane hell probably invite Jordan."

"Yes but then he'll think I wasn't the one to invite him and he'll know I'm better than him." She said it as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I mean he might think you aren't interested at all and stop thinking of you in that way. He's very respectful at least that's my experience of him." I tried.

George frowned. "What if I invite Shane and he invites jordan and then when they come I can say you specifically wanted Shane to come."

I laughed and shook my head. "Feels dramatic, but sure."

While she was typing her message my phone started to vibrate.

"It's Chloe. I'm just gonna take this."

George nodded and stared at her phone.

"Hey, Chlo what's up?"

"Hi, Arte. Why did you leave?"

"I just had some work I had to do. I'll come back though don't worry. I've just got classes."

"I'm sorry I didn't let you listen to your lecture without headphones. It's just I had a lot of marking to do. Maybe if you turn it down a little I can deal with it. I want to hang out with you while I'm here."

"What, Chloe no! That wasn't it at all. I'm really not stressed about the headphones at all. I totally get it."

"Then why did you leave? Are you annoyed at having to be the third wheel with Gabe?" She sounded like she was about to cry.

"What dude, stop. No I just have a project soon and my work was here. I wasn't expecting not to be able to drive and fetch the materials when I needed them."

"Oh," she seemed to calm down,"what are you doing now? I hear music."

"Oh, George and I are just gonna got out for a bit."

"Who is George?" Gabriel's voice was low and hard as iron on the other side.

Chloes voice got softer as she moved the phone to answer him, "She's one of Arte's uni friends." Chloe came back the the phone, "how come you didn't invite us?"

"We just decided to do it and I thought you guys were having a date night tonight?"

"We were but Gabe forgot that he has work early in the morning." I could hear the playful eye roll over the phone.

"Well I mean. You can totally join, but it'll be a long drive for watered down drinks and frankly subpar music." I laughed, "at least the company would be good. If you come you are welcome to stay in my room. I mean there are note everywhere and we'll have to cuddle, but you are welcome."

"Shane and Jordan are on there way!" George announced excitedly. "I told Shane you were excited to see him and he said yes immediately." She laughed.

"Ooooh. Who are Shane and Jordan?" Chloe asked.

"They're just friends, but who knows maybe you won't have to set me up with someone." I joked. We both knew she that in all likelihood she would have to.

"Eww I don't wanna third wheel. And I'm definitely not taking up the cuddle space in your room." She laughed.

"Your faith in me is inspiring. Okay love you Chlo, but we should get going the guys are already on their way."

"Bye arte. Have fun."

By the time we got Jolly's the guys were inside and we were drunk.

We met up with the guys at the bar. George and Jordan started playing their usual game.

I leaned next to Shane.

"You look beautiful!" He shouted in my ear.

"Thank you! You look great!" I shouted back, "so, how are classes going?"

I was so bad at this.

"They would ve better if you were in them."

"I doubt it I hate business and I'm a bit of a complainer." I yelled.

He laughed awkwardly and took my hand.

We walked to the dance floor. It was a tight fit. He was pressed against my front as I periodically bummed into strangers behind me. I wasn't drunk enough to be comfortable there.

I squeezed myself out of his hold his confused face smoothed out as I signed that I was getting a drink.

I walked to the bar and sat down waiting for a bartender. A woman with dark makeup leaned over the bar to get my order. I yelled out 2 tequila shots. She nodded.

I watched at she filled 3 shots and placed them infront of me.

I said two, but who cares I could use another.

I pulled out my card to pay when I noticed it was only for 2.

"You have me three?"

The bartender leaned over the bar and grabbed the back of my neck. She pulled me close and whispered, "that one is from me."

A soft kiss landed on my neck.

A dark warmth pooled in my stomach as she brought her moth to my ear again.

"You should unbutton your shirt. I'd love to see what you look like."

She leaned back.

Hypnotized by the heat in her solid stare I slowly unbuttoned my shirt.

My bra covered my nipples but it was still clearly a bra.

She leaned back in, "now you look like you're at a club. Have fun beautiful."

Then she disappeared to the other side of the bar.

Shaken I drank the shots she gave me.

I spun around determined to go dance.

Gabriel stood at the entrance to the bar.

His face was dark and Chloe was nowhere to be seen.