Chapter 18

"ALRIGHT, SOLDIERS! Operation: Finding Jimmy and Danny are now at a go!" Spongebob shouted as if he was announcing to his troops. Spongebob was still wearing his usual clothes, but he now has a military hard hat on his head. Y/n and Timmy were sitting on the floor next to each other looking up at Spongebob while Scarlett and Goddard were rough playing in the corner.

"At least they have free time," Timmy whispered to Y/n, Pointing at Scarlett and Goddard with his thumb as they were playing.

*WHACK!*

Spongebob brought out a wooden pointer stick and struck it down between Y/n and Timmy, Which took them completely by surprise.

"Pay Attention! This is a serious mission!"

He then paced back and forth while continuing his speech.

"As you know, two of our members have gone missing. And it's our job to find and secure them." Spongebob explained smacking his pointer in his hand.

"I feel like I'm being lectured by Crocker all over again..." Timmy groaned.

"I think we should call him 'Shoutbob Sargentpants' at this point," Y/n suggested jokily. Timmy stiffened trying to contain his laughter.

"Any questions?" Spongebob finally finished.

"Yes, when are you going to make us something to eat?" Y/n asked, raising her hand.

"Yeah, I'm starving," Timmy added, rubbing his grumbling belly.

"After you two return from the search. the sooner you find them, the better. Chop-Chop!" Spongebob answered, pushing both Timmy and Y/n out the door and closing the door.

"Aww come on," Timmy whined when they both were outside.

"Well let's not dawdle, we have to start looking," Y/n said, looking around.

Signing in defeat, Timmy looked at Y/n.

"Where should we start?"

"How about the park?" Y/n suggested.

~~~~~~

It was a foggy day when they got to the park. The slides and swings were vacant from children and Y/n could no longer hear children laughing or playing which made her heart sink.

Y/N's POV

"So...How are you feeling?" Timmy asked, trying to fill the awkward silence as we walked. I sighed and looked down. I could tell Timmy understood.

"Yeah me too, I'm not surprised that you're still feeling down. I'll be honest, I don't feel too bright either. I miss sneaking into Jimmy's lab downstairs only to be caught by Jimmy or Danny." Timmy admitted, chuckling to himself.

I looked up at him in shock. He smirked at my expression and nudged my shoulder. I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Don't worry," Timmy smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder. "As soon as we find them, I won't be sneaking down there anymore."

"I doubt that," I said, rolling my eyes and smiling.

"Hey! I heard that!"

I laughed. It felt nice to feel joy now and again, even after everything that was happening I knew I couldn't stay sad forever.

"Wait, what's that up ahead?" Timmy said stopping suddenly and then started sprinting ahead of me. I followed after him trying to see what he spotted up ahead.

There was a crowd of people along with some policemen. When we got there it made sense. In the middle of the crowd of people stood four policemen surrounding what seemed to be a crime scene.

"What happened here?" I asked once we got through the crowd.

"Apparently, someone stumbled upon a pool of blood whilst jogging through here. We don't know who it is from and there weren't any footprints left by anyone who killed them so we didn't get much information." The policemen ended. We both looked at each other with worry.

"In the meantime, everyone should head home, we will settle this matter momentarily!" The policemen announce with both hands in the air. Once the gossip and murmurs subsided, the crowd soon dispersed.

"We should head back too," Timmy said and started walking in the direction back home.

I took one last look at the blood puddle, I might be imagining things but I saw something green floating amongst it. I walked closer to get a closer look.

"Come on, What are you waiting for? They said they will investigate this matter so let's leave it to them." Timmy urged, blocking my view.

I opened my mouth to argue but decided against it. I nodded and followed Timmy.

~~~At the house~~~

Spongebob's POV

"There you go! That should last ya!" I said as I poured some cat food in a little bowl. Scarlett came padding towards the bowl to take a bite. I couldn't help petting her while she eats.

"Aww, ain't you a doll! Yes, you are! <3" I cooed.

It looked up at me with its cute adorable eyes.

"Meow" it responded then continued feasting. In the meantime I should start cooking for Y/n and Timmy, I did say I would make them something when they return. But what can I make?

*Knock Knock*

A knock came at the door, I presumed they had returned from the search probably empty-handed. I sighed and shrugged, "Might as well let them in."

I walked over to open the door.

"Well since you guys came back, I might as well serve you guys something to eat. You can't help it, I know. But you should really...JIMMY?!"

I opened the door and was taken aback by a familiar face. It was Jimmy and he looked like a wreck. He was breathing heavily as if he had gone through something terrible. He looked up at me and I got an uneasy feeling in the pits of my stomach. Dark bags were formed under his wide eyes. His pupils and irises were smaller than normal.

"Jimmy! Are you ok?" I asked, concerned for my long-lost friend.

"No time! We need to hurry! Our friends are in trouble!"