Chapter 4

It was a cool and peaceful night as they both walked through the park. The trees swayed in the cool breeze as the light from the moon settles on the objects making shadows dance around in its light. The chirping of birds along with the flapping of wings echoed through the treetops above them. The stars accompanied by it shone in the night sky. Crickets chirp in the grass and bushes though they are hardly seen by anyone.

Approaching the playground that was close to the woods Y/n could hear the memories of children playing in the park. Their shouts of laughter fill the air as she passes the slide. she closed her eyes as the memory sinks in. She breathed in deeply, letting the scent of grass fill her vision.

Y/n and Jimmy didn't talk for what seemed like an eternity before Jimmy broke the awkward silence.

"Do you do this often?" Jimmy asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Going out for a walk you mean?" Y/n answered. Jimmy nodded.

"Yes but mostly at night time, I like the atmosphere." She sighed softly as she gazed at the night sky.

"I must say, it is peaceful here," Jimmy said as he looked at the area around him.

Y/n walked over to the swing set to sit on one of the swings to rest her legs.

"Aren't you too old for swings?" Jimmy asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Does it look like I have gray hair?" Y/n teased as she started swinging a bit. "I'm never too old for swings besides I need to rest my legs before we head back ."

Jimmy shrugged and walked over to the swing beside her.

Jimmy's POV

It has been a while since I left my lab or the house for that matter, but I can't stop thinking about what he said. Is it possible?

"So Jimmy, I was wondering if you guys need a break." She said, breaking my train of thought.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You guys have been fighting the syndicate for a while now and not once have you stopped from keeping an eye on them. They're in their worlds now are they?"

"Yes, they are."

"So there isn't much to worry about."

'They are not the only ones I'm worried about...' I thought to myself.

Something stirred in the bushes causing her to jump off the swing to sprint at my side.

"W-what was that?" She said shakily.

I remained composed as something continued to rustle in bushes causing her to shrink lower.

A small bundle of fur popped out of the bushes. The small creature looked up at us and I heard a sigh of relief.

"A rabbit, you got scared because of a rabbit?" I asked with a smirk.

"No, I was just started, that's all," Y/n said as she straightened herself up.

"All right if you say so," I shrugged.

Y/n then held a look of fear as she looked off into the distance.

"It's where it came from that made me concerned," She said, still staring in fear. I followed her gaze beyond the trees.

There was an asylum that was built in the 1850s but due to the many mysterious incidents that occurred, they had to close it down but oddly enough it still wasn't taken down yet. Instead, it was left alone unguarded by the public. Rumor has it that those who have entered never came out, and those who did suffer from depression, dizziness, amnesia, hallucinations, nose bleeds, or in some rare cases, suicide. A few of them that were taken in for questioning about it started to spasm uncontrollably. In other incidents, some might even die from car accidents. Some say that spirits from the people in the asylum still haunt the place to this very day and might be the cause of those incidents long ago. Of course, I didn't believe in any of that stuff. I'll need to gather real facts about that to confirm the truth, seeing that there must be a logical explanation for these strange occurrences. Danny might assist me since he is half ghost after all.

"You're not thinking about going there are you?" Y/n asked glaring at me, as if reading my thoughts.

"No."

"Good, 'cause we are NOT going there for our vacation any time soon."

"You can't seriously believe in those rumors."

"I don't, because rumors often end up as lies."

"So how come you won't let us go there then." I pried.

"Because...It's too...Erm." She said, struggling to find the right words.

If Y/n's trying to find a good reason for something that's unexplainable, she's clearly not good at it.

"It's messy and it smells in there, not to mention very unkempt." She finished.

"Nice save." I teased, as I got off of the swing.

"Hey! It's true, It hasn't been taken down for a long time."

"169 years," I corrected looking at the building. "It was built in 1852 but got shut down 3 years later," I stated.

"Huh...you really studied a lot. It's no wonder why he called you the boy genius" Y/n said.

"Who?"

"Spongebob, he says that you always have bright ideas." She said looking up at the sky.

'I figured it would be him' I thought to myself.

She then gave me a worried look as if something else was bothering her. It's then that I knew...

"There's another reason that you brought me out here, is there?"

She sighed. "Actually two reasons, one I just wanted to see if you're ok, you acted a little differently when you came through the portal, did something happen?"

'Y/n can't know yet, same for the others' I thought

"I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired," I answered.

Another thought came to my mind. "Wait a sec...A VACATION!?"

'and it took me this long to realize that...'

"Yeah that's the second reason why I brought you out here, Come on it will be fun please?"

"Well, I guess we should get the tension off our backs."

"It's settled then, we should be heading back." Y/n said.

I nodded in agreement. "We don't want to be out for too long."

"Oh and one last thing..." She said to me as we started heading home.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Bet I can get there before you can!" She laughed as she ran ahead.

"Hey, no fair!" I shouted as I ran after her trying to keep up.

'Don't forget'

I stopped the moment I heard that familiar voice I turned around but only to see nothing. I have a feeling that someone or something was following me.

"Come on, slowpoke!" Y/n called from behind me.

"Alright!" I called back as I turned back to follow her.

???'s POV

I watched as they both ran back to their so-called home. "Surely he hasn't forgotten what we've discussed, of course, he wouldn't. He just doesn't want to hurt his friends in the process. But I know he will, Even his friends would not matter to him once he snaps. It will just take some time for him to realize that." I looked back at the asylum as an idea came to mind but set it aside. "I can be patient since he is going somewhere else. Enjoy the moment while you can, 'cause it will be your last."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" 

I had to a lot of editing on this chapter. And i mean A LOT. But it still turned out great in the end so I'm gonna stop here for a while (Because of school which sucks) but I promise if I have time, I will work on this more later on. :) Bye!