Chapter 3

It's a good thing Y/n thought about getting the medkit ahead of time cause when they got back they were a total wreck, literally. Not to mention, their clothes were torn and ripped. Scars and burns were shown so much that whatever happened on the other side of that portal, she was not ready to know the story yet.

'Looks like I have a lot of sewing to do.' She thought, sighing to herself looking at their torn clothes.

"Another success in saving the world," Spongebob said with alacrity despite having injuries.

"That was a lot harder than it seems, but nothing we can't handle," Danny said in his ghost form.

"No kidding," Timmy added, "And that was totally unexpected. Right Jimmy?"

Jimmy said nothing, putting his pack down to head upstairs.

"What's up with Jimmy?" Y/n asked, a little concerned.

"I'll tell you about it later. Come on Timmy." Danny replied, turning back into his human form and heading towards the stairs with Timmy following behind still holding the fish bowl. Y/n and Spongbob were the only ones in the basement lab.

"I'll need to get my needle and threads, can you help me with the clothes?" Y/n asked Spongebob.

"Say no more, I'd be happy to help!" Spongebob said happily as Y/n finished treating his wounds.

Y/n smiled, "That would be much appreciated thank you."

~~~~~~

They were wide-eyed at the tiny little creature on the floor, eating out of a tiny bowl of cat food. It was obvious that they didn't know it was in their house. Spongebob was the first to speak. His eyes sparkled once he saw her.

"Look at it, It's so adorable!" He said lowering his head to the kitten's level.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you guys, I found her in the alleyways by the garbage, this poor little kitten was hungry so I brought her here." Y/n explained.

"HER!?" they all exclaimed in unison.

"Yep, turns out it's a female" Y/n replied. "And don't worry I cleaned her up but I don't know what to name her yet..."

"But didn't you ever stop and check to see if 'She' has an owner?" Danny suggested looking at the small kitten.

"Or a mother?" Timmy joined in.

"It didn't have a nametag, and I waited ten minutes for something to come for her but nothing came," Y/n finished with a sigh, her heart aching for the little creature. It must have been lonely for so long, who knows what could've happened to its mother.

Spongebob stood up.

"Don't worry, If I can take care of Gary, then I'm sure I can take care of- Hey, where did it go?"

They look around the room only to spot it rubbing its tiny body against Jimmy's leg, purring.

"Awww, she likes you!" Y/n said, walking over to it and picking it up to face Jimmy.

It sniffed him before it started licking him on the nose which made her a bit jealous.

"Why don't you be the one to name her?" Y/n asked him.

"Me?" Jimmy asked. She nodded, "Since she's gonna be staying with us, we might as well think of a name for her though I couldn't think of one."

"Erm... how about Scarlett?" Jimmy suggested. Petting the soft fur on its head.

"That's a great name Jimmy! why haven't I thought of that?" Spongebob wondered.

"Scarlett?...Naw that name is too lame." Timmy said, folding his arms.

"That's a beautiful name." Y/n said ignoring Timmy's comment.

Y/n placed Scarlett down as it walked away to sleep.

"We should rest, It's been a long day," Jimmy suggested as he walked towards the stairs to his lab.

"I'll come with-"

"No, you stay up here, I'll work alone for the time being," Jimmy said sternly to Timmy.

Y/n began to feel a bit concerned for Jimmy, It's not like him to be working alone in his lab. Unless of course, Timmy was messing around with his devices being curious and all.

"Hey Jimmy, If you have time we can talk if you like?" Y/n offered.

"Yeah, I'll think about it," Jimmy said as he continued downstairs to his lab.

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked back to see Spongebob holding a plate of her leftover breakfast, It was still warm.

Hehe, here's your breakfast, It's probably too late for that but-"

"Thank you," Y/n said with a smile, she hasn't finished eating since their departure. She sat down on the chair to eat her breakfast thinking about what to do next. It has been a while since she and the others have been on a break. Fighting the evil syndicate must have been a pain, yet she wished she could have been there to help, but of course, she couldn't for good reasons.

"Maybe it's time they could use a vacation." Y/n said with a little chuckle.

"Jimmy? Are you still busy?" Y/n called as she was heading downstairs. Jimmy was by the portal adding the final adjustments to it with Goddard beside him handing the tools when he asked for them.

Rubbing all the dust and rusted metal of his gloved hands when done.

"Not anymore," He said, dusting off his lab coat and taking off his gloves.

"Good, 'cause I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go for a walk with me, since you've been so busy in your lab lately I think you need some fresh air plus It's the perfect night for it."

"But didn't you already go for a walk?" Jimmy added.

"Yes, but the kitten stopped me before I could finish my routes." She whined.

Jimmy sighed, "Ok I'll go with you."

"Perfect! Come on then, chop-chop." Y/n said happily pushing Jimmy up the stairs.

"Both of us are gonna go out for a midnight walk" Y/n said as she opened the door.

Danny and Timmy were playing cards while Spongebob was petting Scarlett. 

"Ok be careful out there." Danny said. "come back safely. Got any fives?"

"Nope, go fish."

"Aww come on!"

She chuckled as Danny pulled the card from the deck. She didn't want to disturb their game of 'Go Fish' seeing that Danny is clearly losing the game but time will tell once she gets back from the night stroll.

"Look after Scarlett for me till I get back ok?" Y/n called Spongebob as he held her in his hands.

"She's in good hands. Isn't that right?" Spongebob cooed to the kitten which purred in his warm embrace.

"Ok, Ready to go?" Y/n asked Jimmy as she stepped outside in the dark.

"Of course, lead the way," Jimmy replied back.