Chapter 5

Y/n was sitting on the couch on her laptop searching up all the places and hotels for a vacation. Yet, she's not sure which. She heard a sudden purring sound as Scarlett was rubbing against her leg.

She set her laptop to the side to pick up the little kitten. It felt soft and warm to the touch. Y/n set her to the side, petting her as she purred loudly. She smiled as it rested comfortably at her side. Y/n continued to search on her laptop until she heard steps from behind the couch.

She looked behind to see who it was. A teen with a pink cap resting on his light brown hair wearing a pink sweater and blue pants. He was peeking around the corner watching her. (yes I know, I introduced him late. Sorry x_x)

"Where did Danny and Jimmy go?" Timmy asked as he was edging towards Jimmy's lab.

"They went out saying that they're gonna have a little chat with each other, I don't know what they are chatting about though I hope they are no-" She then stopped. "What are you doing up this early? It's 5:22 in the morning." She asked.

He froze at the question.

"Umm...Nothing, just wondering what you've been up to." He said, looking a bit suspicious.

"I'm looking up some places to go for a vacation." she answered, looking at him skeptically.

"Oh, well I don't know about that but you could ask Spongebob about that, he might know a few places but then again..." Timmy rubs the back of his head.

"I'll ask him when he gets up, in the meantime go back to your room." y/n said pointing to his room.

"But I was gonna tell you to help me-"

"No, You were trying to get to Jimmy's lab to mess with his equipment again were you?" Y/n said glaring at him.

He chuckled a bit, rubbing his hand on the back of his head with a grin.

"That's what I thought," Y/n said. She stood up and walked over to push Timmy back to his bedroom.

"Alright, alright you caught me but could I at least-"

"Jimmy is bound to find out that you were messing with his equipment and I'm not gonna vouch for you...goodnight."

"You can't tell me what to do," Timmy grumbled, still walking towards his room.

"Can, and did."

~Meanwhile with Danny and Jimmy~

"What happened in there? What did he do to you?" Danny asked, trying to get Jimmy's attention. Jimmy has been avoiding this question ever since the battle. At present, they were situated in an alleyway away from prying eyes, which happened to be the same alleyway where Y/n had previously encountered Scarlett.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Jimmy said, Clearly in Denial.

"We all saw what happened, Jimmy! Your evil self appeared out of nowhere and out of all that chaos you were taken away but strangely you were brought back to us."

"So?"

"So why would he bring you back when he knows he has the utmost advantage? He knows you're the smartest in our group so why? I find that a little suspicious."

"Whatever gave you that idea?" Jimmy replied.

"You've been avoiding this every time I bring this topic up. I had to take you outside to talk to you in private, it was a good thing Y/n mentioned this alleyway." Danny said, looking around, making sure they weren't followed.

"Plus, the way you acted seemed a little odd to me."

"Look, I know you're worried about me but I'm fine." Jimmy assured him.

Danny sighed. "We are worried about you, I know something is up and we never trust them, the fact that he came right after we dropped off the syndicate to their worlds."

"Talk about good timing," Jimmy murmured.

"You are the smartest kid we know, If he had taken you away we wouldn't know what to do," Danny said placing a hand on Jimmy's shoulder

"I know," Jimmy sighed, he didn't have to be reminded.

"You can always tell us It's not too late. And are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine," Jimmy replied, still unsure.

Danny still has his doubts about Jimmy but decided to let it go for now.

"So anyway, about the asylum.."

"Oh no, You are not thinking about taking me to that place." Danny said, folding his arms and shaking his head.

"Come on Danny! It's just to see if the rumors are true, I've been thinking about it for a while now and all of those incidents that occurred."

"You still don't believe it, do you?" Danny said, betting what he's gonna say next.

"Not without proof, there must be a simple explanation as to why those strange occurrences happen." Jimmy explained

"So you want me to go with you 'cause I can turn into a ghost?"

"And find out the cause of those incidents. It won't be long. I just need you to see if there are any 'Entities' living and roaming in there. After we are done searching the place we'll leave." Jimmy said.

Danny took a moment to think, He had been fighting ghosts most of his life ever since he got his powers, and fighting the entities in the asylum may not be any different than fighting ghosts in his world. But then again It might not be as simple as he thinks. On the plus side, finding the truth behind the asylum might be a breakthrough of a lifetime, at least for Jimmy that is. And if it means he won't have to explore there again...

"Alright then, but don't expect me to stick around for long until proven otherwise." Danny gave in after a moment of thought.

"We aren't gonna head there now. Y/n got something planned for us first." Jimmy quickly stated.

"What plan did she have in mind?" Danny asked, a little confused.

"I don't know yet, But we'll see when she tells us," Jimmy said as they walked out of the alleyway back home.