Gone

Zuko turned to light a cigarette as Aang was pouting to Suki about missing their friend already and she smiled at the youngest.

But without any warning a fist slammed into the side of zukos face and knocked the lit cigarette on the ground. Zuko stumbled holding his face shocked at the impact but when he looked up he saw Kataras ex.

"You fucker," Jet snarled running at Zuko again. This time missing the target.

Zuko puffed out a breath of smoke as Jet staggered to steady himself again, he took out a blade but there was no fear in the teens eyes. Jet felt himself shaking in rage at how calm the scarred boy was. He charged again at Zuko and was able to slice his palm when Zuko put his hand up, but was still able to grab jets wrist and twisted him arm back and kicked him to the ground.

"You took her from me!" Jet roared with rage. Suki took out a switch blade standing close to Zuko. Blood dripped on the cement but Zuko didn't seem to care.

"She's not yours you freak," Suki shot back.

"Katara and I were happy! She's mine! And now it's all ruined because of you, where is she going?!" Jet motioned to the train that left.

"I don't know where specifically, something about her mom," Zuko rubbed his jaw from where he was hit with the uninjured hand.

"She doesn't have a mom!" Jet cried out.

"Then she lied I don't know what to tell you," he scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Kat is her own person, she can go where she wants," Aang stepped in trying to calm the older teen.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll make you kid," Jet grabbed his shirt roughly as Aang cried out surprised.

Suddenly Zuko grabbed him by the throat and shoved him back till he slammed him on the ground. His face was calm but there was rage in his eyes as he stared down at Jet. Fighting everything in his body to not smash in jets head over and over again and again.

"You touch any of my people again, the kid, Katara, even try with Suki, I'll make sure we have matching scars," Zuko whispered down at him as Jet looked at him like he was insane.

"Stay the fuck away from Katara, otherwise You might end up with a restraining order or in the hospital," he spat releasing Jet harshly.

"Let's go, I'm starving," Zuko looked at his friends as he reached for his cigarette pack.

"Oh can we get McDonald's?" Aang bounced happily as they left Jet behind. Suki glared back at him as she put her blade away.

Zuko followed Aang as Suki was close to her boys, but he kept his eyes on his hand that was covered in blood, unable to see the wound but it felt deep. He tsked annoyed and used his hoodie sleeve to put pressure on his palm.

"You gonna be okay?" Suki asked.

"I'll be fine but I'm going home to get it cleaned up, bring me back something," zuko dig in his pocket and handed her some cash for food. Suki nodded knowing he didn't want her to leave Aang alone.

"Don't bleed all over the place," she sighed taking the money before they split off.

Zuko looked at the cigarette that he lit before but lost during the fight, he went to look at his pack and just looked disappointed when he saw it was his last one.

"If your going to attack me again at least wait for me to finish a smoke," Zuko threw away his empty pack as he saw Jet fuming still.

"I already called for back up," Jet laughed out of breath.

"Let's go then, at least be civil and let's go outside," he motioned out to the other doors away from Suki and Aang. Jet stood there confused as Zuko left.

Jet followed him out but kept the distance while Zuko walked down the street keeping his hand in his pocket when he went to find a convenience store to buy more cigarettes.
Jet looked at his phone texting his location as he for some reason waited for Zuko to come back outside after purchasing a pack.

Barely before Zuko left the store he already was lighting a cigarette.

"I don't like you, I'm fully willing to curb stomp you right now," Zuko told him with the cigarette between his lips.

"Yea and who the fuck do you think you are? You're not scary," Jet scoffed crossing his arms.

"You don't wanna know who I am," he shook his head.

"Why you a mafia guy or something?" Jet glared.

"No, but my family is a bunch of gang leaders and shit, I know how to kill and get away with it," Zuko blew smoke at him.

"So where's your back up or can I go clean my hand?" He asked calmly.

"What did you do to her?" Jet whispered finally.

"Gave her shelter, I don't take people I help them, people in shit situations and need a fresh start, it's not easy but I hope it helps," Zuko stood in front of him.

"She doesn't love you, you weren't good for her, she ran away and we happened to cross paths, she wasn't happy, it's not rocket science," he glared.

"We'll see what the cops say then," Jet took his phone out to dial. Zuko slammed his fist to jets nose and ripped the phone out of his hand before smashing it on the ground.

"Don't make the same mistake twice," zuko held his cigarette as he got close to Jet before bumping his shoulder when he walked past him.

Jet stared at his back wide eyes as the other teen didn't look back. It wasn't over. It was so so far from over and this asshole was going to pay. With Katara gone he didn't have to worry about putting her in danger.