Good and bad

Suki was making dinner as Katara helped and ty Lee disappeared to wherever she goes on some nights. Suki explained to Katara where not to go in the city to avoid cops and more people like Oscar. As well as some of the ruder parts of the city.

"Ahoy ladies," Aang jumped in the station as he had grass stains on his clothes and a large smile tossing his hoodie on his bed.

"Right on time," Katara waved with a smile.

"Where's lee?" Aang asked as Suki cracked open a soup can and poured it into a bowl for each of them.

"Um I think he's still out," Suki noticed the red sky as Katara handed Aang the bowl.

"Nope I'm here," Lee walked in with his hands up.

"And where have you been?" She asked flatly.

"Jobs, dinner is on me tomorrow," he grinned tossing her a wad of cash for her to count out.

"Wow! That's gotta be a hundred bucks!" Aang gasped as Katara watched confused.

"Lee..." Suki gulped. She counted three hundred.

"Your welcome," he sat on the ground with them as Aang handed him some soup.

"I'm good, not hungry," Lee waved it off.

"Did you stop for food or something?" Katara chuckled as Suki handed him the cash back.

"No I met up with some pals and stayed at their house for an hour or so," Lee waved them off.

"Your stoned?" Suki asked surprised.

"Not anymore," he shrugged.

"Who?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Mai," he looked down and Aang paused.

"And Azula?" Aang asked quietly.

"No, I'm not getting involved with her again," Lee sighed rubbing his neck.

There was tension in the air between the three as Katara sat there awkwardly not aware who any of these people are. Or their past wirh them.

"Did you use again?" Suki asked not looking at lee.

"It's not fucking coke Suki," Lee scoffed and Aang looked at him wide eyes.

"Lee," Aang whispered.

"Just a few opioids," he mumbled and Aang immediately was on his feet and went to his bed while Suki threw her hands in the air, Katara looked disturbed.

"Give the rest," Suki held her hand out with a glare.

"I don't have any, I took them at Mai's place," Lee kept his eyes down knowing they were disappointed in him.

"Z, fucking hand them over," Suki hissed and lee pursed his lips, digging in his pocket and handed her a balled up tissue, she opened it and found six more pills.

"You ever fucking lie to me again, Azula is the last person you'll be worrying about," she snarled and took the pills with her to go destroy them.

Lee sighed shaking his head as Katara played with the ends of her short hair nervously.

"Sorry," Lee mumbled to her and she looked at him.

"It's okay, were you an addict or something?" Katara asked softly with no judgement in her voice.

"Yea, I was already addicted before I was on the streets though," Lee sighed rubbing his head.

"I was prescribed pain killers when I was thirteen and it's just something that helped a lot, I use to take ibuprofen a lot before that since it's all that would help with pain," he explained and she nodded softly.

"Cigarettes help," he smiled gently and Katara smiled back.

"I'm glad there's other ways to help, but I think they have a reason to be upset," Katara pulled her knees to her chest.

"They do, i gotta apologize to them," Lee ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey kat, do you need to get into contact with anyone? Your parents? Grandparents?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Trying to get rid of me?" She smiled teasingly.

"Ha a little, you seem like a good person kat, I don't want you getting caught up in something you can't shake off, there's gangs, addicts, bad people," Lee looked at her seriously and Katara pursed her lips.

"My dads n-not here, he's away for a while," she gulped. "My gran gran is in Alaska, I didn't have the money to up and move to her, not with how it was,"

"Can I ask why You ran away?" Lee asked softly.

"Can I ask you why You ran away?" Katara countered.

"I asked first," he raised his brow.

"I lived alone with my boyfriend, he's in and out of the system so he leaves to stay with me since I have no one else... and he, well You met him," Katara blushed looking down and feeling embarrassed.

"Breaking up didn't work?" Lee tilted his head to the side.

"I tried a few times, he just... he just knew what I wanted to hear and got in my head and I couldn't get him to leave me alone," Katara touched her hair anxiously.

"Did he ever hit you?" He sat up with the question.

"I don't think so, not like slap me but he'd grab my arm harshly and drag me if I didn't comply, so I don't think that counts," Katara shook her head. "He just was so controlling and I couldn't breathe, he would never let me move to my grandmothers, he would always check my phone,"

Lee nodded softly understanding how she might've just in the moment ran just to be able to have some freedom again, a toxic man like that felt like a bag over her head.

"Your turn, mines probably not as bad as everyone else's," Katara motioned to him and lee smiled.

"My dad, he's a narcissist too, not very nice, he did some pretty bad things and I just decided to disappear off the planet, I wrote a letter to my uncle, shaved my head, changed my name, and ran," he smiled calmly but he looked tired.

"Aang is on the run from the system, he's on the runaway list, ty Lee and I knew each other for a long time and she joined up with me when her parents kicked her out," Lee motioned behind him where Aang left.

"Suki? Are You two an item?" Katara asked curiously.

"Nah, she's not my type, and has punched me in the face one to many times, but I trust her, she was separated from her family from traffickers, been to afraid to go home in case they find her," Lee fidgeted with his hands and Katara listened.

She couldn't help but look at his scar that covered half his face almost, his eye brow was gone and his eye was permanently squinted from damaged tissues. She could see his ear was also scarred. She wondered if that's why he was hooked on drugs so young.

"I'm going out for a smoke, see if I can talk to Suki," Lee stood up again and she nodded with a kind look in her eyes.

"Katara, how desperate are you getting to your grandmothers?" He asked looking down at her.

"I'm not really sure yet," Katara said honestly.

"Let me know when you are sure, I'll help you out," he grinned a little and lit his cigarette on his way out.