Night screams

"Aang.. you awake?" Lee sat on the edge of his bed where Aang was sleeping. He went for a walk after talking to Suki and she threw the pills down a toilet at some gas station near by.

There was silence and Aang had his back to lee. He was awake though.

"I know your mad, I'm sorry, it was stupid of me," he whispered as everyone else was sleeping.

"Lee You were clean for almost two years," Aang sat up with a frown.

"I regret it, I just saw it and didn't realize what I was doing till I felt it hit," Lee clasped his hands together.

"I thought it could help me sleep maybe," he pursed his hands tightly, seeing his knuckles turn white.

"I can sleep on the ground if you need me too," Aang offered but he shook his head.

"It's fine, i just wanted to apologize for relapsing, it was a slip," Lee leaned back on the bed and kept himself up on his elbows.

"Mai isn't gonna tell Azula your still around in New York?" Aang asked worried.

"No but who knows, Suki already told me she's leaving if the blue dragons find us," Lee closed his eyes and laid on his back.

"I want you to go with, without me," he said softly.

"Lee I thought we were in this together," Aang looked down at him. Lee sighed a little, deep down he didn't want to leave his friends, they were all he had.

"I heard Nebraska is boring," Lee opened his eyes. "We could go there,"

"You'll come?" Aang smiled more hopeful. He shrugged.

"Don't know, depending when I might be eighteen, its less than a year, once one of us is an adult we can actually do something about getting off the streets, but that means paying taxes and shit," Lee closed his eyes again inhaling a shaky breath.

"And kat?" He asked.

"Don't know, I'll do what I can to help her out to her grandmother, get her out of here," Lee nodded keeping his eyes closed. He felt so dizzy and over heated, he put his cold hand on his forehead.

Aang could tell Lee was having troubles when he laid down. He was an addict that relapsed, it was bad last time he quit, but it was worse during the addiction.

"You should go to sleep," Aang said softly.

"Probably," Lee covered his eyes.

"What are You going to do with the money you got?" He asked when Lee adjusted himself to lay against a pillow but his breathing was shallow.

"Save it for emergency's, in case we do have to run, it can get all of us on a train," Lee rasped as he rolled on his side to feel the cool pillow on his skin.

"Are You worried the blue dragon gang is going to find us? It's you and me that they really want," Aang laid down as well and kept his back against lees.

"No I'm not worried, You shouldn't be either, we're not causing trouble," Lee mumbled.

Aang looked out the window as lees back was against his, he felt like a space heater. He trusted lee with his life even if it's been close in the past.

"It's nice having You as a big brother Zuko," Aang whispered closing his eyes.

"Good night Aang," Lee grumbled.

"Night lee," he smiled.

Katara laid in the bed that didn't belong to her as she listened to parts of the conversation. Her eyes where open but she was calm, listening to them talk as brothers even if they weren't blood related. 

But there was fear, she could tell the blue dragon gang was violent and lee and Aang were victims of their violence. Suki too probably.

She held her phone against her chest, what if she was way over her head and accidentally gave them away. Or worse that the blue dragon found her? It was terrifying. She wished she could call Sokka.

Katara was barely asleep for hours of the night, she felt like she was in haz and dozing in and out of consciousness.

Until everyone was woken up by a blood curdling scream.

Suki and Katara gasped awake as lee was already sitting up while Aang was sobbing and screaming in his sleep.

"Fuck!" Suki jumped up as lee was trying to wake him up.

"Aang come on buddy wake up, it's okay Aang just wake up!" lee shook him around as Aang was clawing at lees arms trying to get away.

"Aang!" Lee pleaded as Suki had tears in her eyes.

"Katara get some water from the stash," Suki backed away as she pointed to their food and water bottle stash.

Katara was up and ran to get a bottle of water and could hear the screams die down just into heavy sobs. She turned around with shaky hands hoping Aang was okay now.

Aang had his arms wrapped around lees waist as he sobbed against his torso as lee was holding him close whispering kind reassurance... and apologies..

"Thank You," Lee whispered when Katara handed him the bottle of water.

"It's been a few months since it's been this bad," Suki sat on the bed and rubbed aangs back gently.

"It's going to be okay," lee soothed him quietly.

"Does he get them from the foster care?" Katara asked touching sukis shoulder gently for comfort.

"Some, but I'll tell you later," Suki touched her hand tightly as her eyes were glued to the crying child.

"I got it, You girls go back to bed," Lee whispered as Aang hiccuped another cry. Suki draped the blanket over Aang and touched the top of lees head.

"Love you boys, I'll see you in the morning," Suki kissed the top of aangs head and placed a blanket around the boys.

"Lee do you need anything?" Katara asked quietly.

"It's fine, just going to wait till he falls back asleep," Lee whispered keeping his hand on aangs back.

"Sorry for waking you," he looked at her tiredly.

"As long as everyone's safe right?" She smiled back and went over to the bed again to try sleeping. She didnt think she'd get much rest.

"No one's going to hurt you again Aang, it's just us," Lee looked down at the child as Aang laid against him to scared to let go.