See you soon

Zuko turned the corner and lead her with as they went into a family restroom to hide as Zuko closed the door behind them and locked it.

Katara went to the sink and rested her palms against the side, her head down so her hair shielded her face. She felt like she no couldn't breathe.

"Let's wait a few minutes," Zuko looked at her worried and she nodded frantically.

"Todays just a shitty day," Katara covered her face as she fought off tears.

Zuko waited patiently giving her space to collect her thoughts, Katara sniffled and rubbed her nose, not a tear fell, but she splashed water in her face from the sink before any got the chance.

"Can we stay in here for a little?" Katara whispered looking back at the other teen.

"Take your time, I can leave if you want," he motioned to the door calmly.

"No, you can stay," she let out a breath and walked over to the wall he was leaning against. She slid down to sit on the floor.

"The floors are disgusting," he looked down at her.

Katara brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around, leaning her forehead against them, closing her eyes.

Zuko sighed and slid down to join her on the floor, legs stretched out and arms crossed against his chest.

"He's definitely a piece of work, don't blame you for running away," Zuko shrugged a little.

"You don't think I should've just broken up with him like a normal person?" Katara mumbled keeping her head down.

"I think that would've ended up with a restraining order," he smirked.

"And then you wouldn't have found your best friends," Zuko tried nudging her softly, Katara finally raised her head with a chuckle.

"Besties for life now," Katara rested her head on his shoulder.

"I wish you guys could come with me, to Alaska, no dragons there," she said softly.

"I don't like the cold," Zuko tsked.

"We can buy You a big jacket," Kataras voice cracked a little.

"I don't want to be alone again," a tear ran down her face.

"No one helped me when I was alone,"

Zukos heart sunk feeling how tense she was still, trying to hold in her fears and sorrows of her past coming back. Part of him wanted to go with as well, he would be so so so far away from New York, from the streets, from his family.

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close to try his best to make her feel safe.

"It's okay to cry, it's been a shitty day," he whispered as she cried quietly in his arms. Her shoulders shaking as she struggled to breathe, and trying to stay quiet made it that much harder to not tremble.

After ten minutes for Katara to collect herself again Zuko peaked out the door to see if Jet was anywhere in sight, he walked out and waited for Katara to follow. Her eyes were red and she looked ashamed.

"Come on, your going to miss your train," Zuko said softly as she wiped under her nose again and inhaled a deep breath.

"Let's get you something to drink before you go, you still have snot on your nose," he motioned to the side and she turned red, embarrassed as she wiped her nose once more.

"Are you guys really going to be okay?" Katara asked staying by his side.

"I have... I have a lot of money I've been saving up for an emergency, and I'm going to get in contact with my uncle finally, he'll help us out," Zuko sighed softly rubbing his neck.