Chapter 27: Breaking In

Y/n's POV

Nightwing, Robin, and I jump down on top of a random rooftop as we look around towards the city for Red Hood. Nightwing stands beside me, holding up a mask. I smiled at him grabbing the mask from his hand.

"As you know, identities must remain secret especially after your rescue or whatever that was-"

"Very funny, Nightwing." I replied, as I put the mask on. "He's probably at Arkham. Might as well head there before he does."

"Uh guys?"

Nightwing and I turned towards Robin as he walks towards us showing us a camera footage from his wrist. Shows the police shooting at an intruder from the main entrance of Arkham Asylum.

"Stop where you are!"

"Get him! Take him out!"

Guns firing as the police are being shot at one by one. A body camera is being shown by one of the cops as we now see Red Hood up close as he shots the police officer where the camera is at and suddenly the footage begins to static as Robin turns it off.

"Damn it!" Nightwing mumbled as he walks towards the ledge and gets ready to jump but I grabbed his arm.

"Nightwing, we can't just go on in!"

"Like hell we can't!" Nightwing snaps as he yanks his arm from my grip.

"What the hell is your problem?" I snapped back at him

"My problem? I'll tell you what my problem is. The man I called my brother comes back from the dead, kidnaps you, nearly almost tried to kill Robin and I, killing countless gang members throughout the city, and he's breaking into Arkham Asylum going to kill the man who murdered him. Killing Joker will only make matters worse. I can't lose more people tonight, Y/n. Not you or Robin. We are all we have left. Not even Batman-"

"Batman? What did you guys do?" I questioned, looking at both Nightwing and Robin as Nightwing shakes his head.

"We'll explain later. Right now. You both gotta go."

"What?!" Robin and I both shouted, looking at Nightwing with disbelief.

"It's better this way." Nightwing said as he begins to turn away but I grabbed his arm, turning him back around towards me.

"And Red Hood is not gonna stop. We're doing this together. If we want to bring Jason home, we're doing it my way. I want him back just as much as you do. I'm not letting you go do this on your own. Please, Dick." I begged as I grabbed his hand, rubbing my thumb against his knuckles.

Nightwing looks at me and looks over at Robin. Robin nods his head at him, waiting for an answer. Nightwing lets out a sigh.

"Stay close. He probably won't hesitate to shoot us. Let's go."

Nightwing turns around and jumps off the building. Robin and I smiled at each other as we jump off following Nightwing, heading to Arkham Asylum.

Third Person's POV

Guns continue to fire as more cops are getting shot at. Red Hood jumps on top of a table and shoots at one of the cops from behind the bin. More cops continue to come on in as Red Hood lets out a sigh.

"They're seriously making me do this, aren't they?" Red Hood mumbles, as he sneakily pulls out a grenade from behind him.

"Stay where you are!" One of the police shout at him as Red Hood lets out a soft laugh.

"I'll try." He smirks from under his mask as he throws a grenade at the police with a smoke bomb.

"Watch out!"

Smoke begins to cloud up the room and the grenade blows up, taking out most of the policemen. Most of them screamed in agony as Red Hood begins taking them out again one by one. Inmates from their cell begin cheering but Red Hood starts shooting at the inmates as well, killing most of them. The smoke clouds up the room as you see nothing but smoke as you hear one of the policemen begging for mercy.

"Please! No! NO!"

A gun shot was fired as Red Hood walks out of the smoke cloud walking into the area where he knows Joker is at. Red Hood wastes no time marching towards his cell as more policemen try to shoot but Red Hood shoots them before they even pulled the trigger.

"Joker!" Red Hood calls out down the hall. "Where are you, you son of a bitch?!"

Red Hood pauses for a moment, stopped walking in the middle of the hallway. He hears no laugh, not even a giggle or a chuckle. Not even a smart ass comment. Red Hood closes his eyes for a moment but he suddenly begins to feel someone's presence.

One he knows so well.

Someone lands a few feet in front of him as Red Hood opens his eyes and looks up, only to see the man who failed him.

Batman.

Red Hood hums, putting his guns in his hostlers.

"Where is he?"

"Somewhere you're not. Jason."

Red Hood smiles from under his mask.

"I sure do love reunions like this. Good moments I will cherish." Red Hood replied as he makes small steps towards Batman.

"You want Joker, you'll have to go through me." Batman said, sneakily pulling out his batarangs from his glove.

"Fine by me." Red Hood snaps as he charges at Batman as he throws his batarangs towards Red hood.

Red Hood immediately dodges them as he jumps over taking out his knife and tries to cut him only for Batman to throw him over his shoulder. Red Hood begins throwing punches at Batman but Batman head bumps him, stumbling Red Hood back a bit. Batman runs towards Red Hood as he grabs him sending them both falling to the floor.

Batman tries to punch him but Red Hood grabs his fist, punching Batman straight into the face as he stumbles back. Red Hood flips off of the floor as Batman wipes some blood off of his lip, giving him a glare. Red Hood laughs throwing his knife to the side.

"Ah. C'mon, Bruce. We both know how this ends."

"How'd you know this will change? How would you know this is all gonna end?"

"That's the thing. It's never gonna end. New criminals show up everyday. More good people die everyday and you expect everyone to surrender their life to us? No no no. That's not how life works, Batman. You're a man, dressed as a bat. Every night you come out and fight crime. You come back beaten. You come back with broken bones. Then again, you still don't give up. Why? Gotham is never gonna have peace. It's never gonna change. There's no such thing as peace here in this city. I'm gonna do this my way."

"Understand this. You kill Joker, what happens if more criminals show up, someone worse than Joker?" Batman questioned him as Red Hood scoffs.

"I'll kill that bastard too myself. You let me die and let him live!"

"I tried to save you, Jason! I was too late! This was the only punishment I could give him! The only one, Jason! Stop this madness! It's wrong, Jason, and you know that."

Red Hood shakes his head and he pulls out his gun, pointing at Batman.

"Tell me where he is at. Now, Batman!"