Chapter 14: City Lights in Gotham

Y/n's POV

I followed Jason which led us both on the rooftop. I slowly rub hands together and my wrist started to hurt due to the handcuffs.

I looked out of the city lights in Gotham. I smiled at the view and I look at Jason, as he looks out at the city as well. I look back out and I stand next to him and I hear him beginning to talk.

"I brought you up here because...I remember that I would bring you up at the rooftop of the Wayne Manor at night.....when I was still there. Almost every night. You said that you enjoy those times with me. I would make you laugh, smile. I missed those nights so much when I was away." Jason replied, while looking out at the city.

I look up at him.

"I still don't understand. You came back and you've been alive all this time."

"No."

I look at him confuse. He turns his head and looks down at me.

"I was brought back to life by the Al Ghul's. Ra's Al Ghul and Talia Al Ghul brought me back to life using the Lazarus Pit."

My eyes widened a bit and Jason looks back out towards the city.

"I was trained there. Before I decided to came back. All I remember was that bastard and Bruce....Batman who didn't save me. Then I remembered you. All those moments I shared with you I never wanted to forget them. I cherish them so much. I still remember loving you, Y/n."

I look down at the ground, in shock.

He really has been through a lot. Being trained by those assassins, and he still has a heart to say this to me?

Oh Jason.

"I'm doing this to you because..." Jason turns his whole body towards me and I faced him as well and I feel him grabbing onto my upper arms. "because I don't want to lose you again."

I look at him in awe. I placed my hand onto his cheek.

"You have no idea how much I do miss you, Jason. The thing is that you keeping me here and having me tied up isn't gonna get us anywhere. If you would let me help you, we can work this out. We can work us out. Please, Jason. Please let me help you."

Jason closes his eyes for a moment and holds onto my hand from his cheek.

"You can't."

Jason opens his eyes.

"I'm doing this for you and the city. You said Gotham is our home. I'm gonna protect it."

I remove my hand from his cheek.

"Jason-"

"Y/n," He puts his hands on both sides of my face. "I'm not gonna stand by and let these criminals run free. I can't. Gotham has had enough and I'm gonna continue cleaning it up."

"But killing-"

"Is one way to do it. I'm gonna do this my way and my way is killing the ones who don't deserve to live and walk around freely. You have to trust me."

As much as I want to, I still can't bare to lose him again either. What he is doing is a risk, all of it is.

"Jason, you're better than this. You're not a killer."

Jason rubs his both thumbs over my cheek bones and gives me a soft smile.

"I know, baby. Still, I'm doing what needs to be done here. Trust me maybe later on, we could have a little fancy dinner after I come back."

"Come back?"

"There's something I need to take care of. Don't worry about it. Also, I have something special for you and I believe you would like it." Jason responded, moving his hands from my face, down to my upper arms.

I kept getting weird feelings about this but all I could do is nod in agreement.

"Okay." I said, giving him a soft smile back.

Jason continues looking at me as he grabs a hold of my wrists and looks down at the handcuffs.

"Don't think I'm doing it to hurt you. I just don't want you to start getting any of ideas."

I look up at him as my hands were placed on his chest.

"Jason, I want to know more."

"Well.....just know that what I've been through, from the past 5 years......it just made me more stronger and dangerous. That's all I've been getting. I didn't have someone talk to, I didn't have someone to understand me, all I had was myself after I left. Everything just started crashing down until....until I saw you."

I look at him confuse.

"You looked so miserable. Like someone came and ripped out your heart. Your heart being shattered into a million pieces like it'll never be put back together. I always hated seeing you like that." Jason said, then he places a kiss on my forehead.

"You deserve better than this." I whispered to him

Jason stayed silent for a moment.

"I think we both do."