comfort

joseph walked into the house expecting to see you in the living room but when he didn't see you there he walked upstairs to the bedroom.

then he heard you crying and his heart sunk to his stomach.

he walked into the room as quitely as possible not to startle you.

" love. " he whispered softly still hearing sniffles coming from you.

you turned around to face him and once he saw you he came and sat down next to you.

" why is my beautiful girl crying, huh? what's wrong? " joseph asked as he brushed a few hairs out of your face.

" it's my period nothing huge don't worry. " you said trying to laugh it off.

" it's my job to take care of you." he smiled.
" you could've let me know sooner. i would have come home prepared. "

" but i don't want to make unnecessary work for you. i'll be fine. " you insisted, wiping away your tears.

" nonsense. what do you wanna eat? " he asked getting into bed with you.

" some pasta would be really good right now, i won't lie. " you giggled.

" pasta it is then. " joseph pulled out his phone and ordered from your favourite place in the city.

" have you slept yet, love? "

" i've tried but it's kind of impossible when blood is coming from my body and when it feels like satan's minions are stabbing my stomach. "

" i don't know if I'm allowed to laugh at that. " he said trying his best to keep it together.

" you may. " you laughed even though it made the cramps worse.

" c'mon make yourself comfortable and just close your eyes. "

you threw one leg over his legs and you layed your head on his chest.

" and apparently my body means comfort. " he chuckled as he kissed your hair a few times.

you smiled and fell asleep within 5 minutes.

once the pasta arrived 30 minutes later joseph tried his best to move out from under you to go downstairs without waking you.

he stayed downstairs for a little longer until you finally woke up.

" i thought you left. " he heard your tired voice say.

" of course not, love. i just came to get the food. "

then the microwave went off and he took the pasta out and handed you the bowl.

" thanks, baby. " you smiled as you snuggled into his side with his arm around you.

he joined you in bed again while eating the pasta and watching a movie.

after finishing the movie joseph got up and walked into the bathroom to pour you a bath with all the bath essentials.

" can i help you get undressed, sweetheart? " he asked and you nodded.

the way that he still asked for consent even after all these years made you fall more in love everytime.

" get in with me, pleaseee. " you asked in the voice that he knew he could never say no to.

" since you asked so nicely. "

once he got in with you, your back was pressed against his chest with his hands rubbing your stomach softly as he kissed your shoulder every few seconds.

this just may be heaven.

[ a/n: GASP. I'M ON A ROLL THESE DAYS. CHAPTA AFTER CHAPTA😌 ]

much love,
- morgan :)