pregnant

you sat in your bathroom on the countertop anxiously awaiting the results on the small stick next to you.

you had been throwing up for the past few mornings which you found strange since you very rarely threw up.

secretly, you hoped you were pregnant but you and joseph hadn't spoken about it in a while.

you looked down to your hand and smiled once you saw the engagement ring.

after almost 4 years of being together joseph finally worked up the courage to propose.

the timer on your phone went off and with shaky hands you picked up the rest and flipped it over.

positive.

it was positive.

you couldn't help but to cry tears of joy.

you wanted this for so long and you couldn't be happier that you would have joseph with you for this journey.

you then thought of a cute way to tell joseph and got to work immediately.

you smiled at your little project and waited for your fiancé to get home.

- two hours later -

you heard the car door close and the front door open.

" baby, i'm home! " he shouted from downstairs.

" in our room! " you replied, hiding the box behind your back.

you saw him standing in the doorway and your heart fluttered.

" hi there, beautiful. " he smiled as he walked toward you, placing a kiss on your lips.

" i have a surprise for you. " you said barely able to contain your huge smile.

" oh, do you now? " he asked once he sat down next to you.

" uh huh. " you said as you placed the box between the two of you.

he looked down at the box and back to you.

" well, open it damn it. " you insisted causing you both to laugh.

" i was trying to build suspense. " he joked as he untied to ribbon around the box.

he opened it and lifted the tissue paper to find the test along with a few other things.

" oh my god! oh my god! holy shit, y/n! " he said trying to process what was in front of him

" i know right. " you laughed, the excitement washing over you.

" we're having a baby. an actual baby! " he smiled and jumped off the bed.

he ran around to the side were you sat and picked you up.

" i love you so much, sweetheart. so much. " he whispered and he started tearing up

" i love you too, joe. " you said with a giggle once your tears fell again.

he put you down and pulled you in for a hug.

you stood there in his arms for a few minutes simply just embracing this beautiful moment.

" you, my love are the best damn thing to ever happen to me. " he said and kissed the top of your head.

you smiled into his chest as a small brush crept onto your cheeks.

much love,
- morgan :)