sick

you woke up with a pounding headache and you were drenched from sweating all night.

joseph had been sound asleep so you tried your best to lift his arm from around your waist without waking him up. 

you walked into the kitchen, rumaging through the medicine cabinet for the painkillers.

once you found them you poured yourself a glass of water, took both pills and walked back upstairs.

you opened the door to your bedroom and saw that joseph was now sitting up.

" where did you go, my love? " he asked as you got back into bed beside him.

just as you went to answer you got that feeling signalling you were about to throw up and you rushed to the bathroom. 

he followed soon after you. 

joseph held your hair back as you emptied out your stomach.

" let it out, sweetheart. i'm right here. " he assured you as he gently rubbed your back.

you sat with your back against his chest while you took a few breaths. 

" i feel like shit. " you said to him with a small pout.

" well its a good thing i'm here then. " he replied and he pressed a kiss to your temple.

he helped you up and walked back into your bedroom with you.

you felt much better after throwing up so you decided to try and get some sleep.

joseph pulled you closer to him and you placed your head on his chest. 

" i hate seeing you sick. " he says, running his hand through your hair.

" i hate being sick. " you sighed. 

you felt the painkillers start to kick in and your eyes were heavy. 

" i'll take care of you, sweetheart. get some rest. " joseph whispered laying his head on yours.

- the next morning -

you slept past your alarm and you knew jospeh turned them off for you because you never miss them.

you smiled at his gesture and sat up in bed.

you realized he wasn't in bed with you but once you looked up you saw him coming in with a tray full of your favorite breakfast foods. 

" good morning, my love. " he smiled as he placed the tray down next to you. 

" morning, baby. " you returned the smile, kissing him soon after.

" are you feeling better? " he asked with a concerned look on his face as he swept your hair out of your face.

" my head still hurts but i'm way better than i was last night. " you replied. 

" well, i have the day off so you can relax. i will be here for whatever you need, love. " he said as he kissed your cheek.

" you're the best ever. " you said popping a grape into your mouth.

" yeah i am pretty great aren't i. " he joked looking very proud of him self.

you giggled at his remark and placed the tray between the two to you to share with him.

" i love you. " you smiled.

" i love you more. " he replied and jumped off the bed to grab you a water bottle from downstairs.

much love,
- morgan :)