i promise

[ a/n: this one is a bit back in time but yeah still cute :) ]

a few days before your 2 year anniversary, joseph had picked up a promise ring for you.

at that time there was a lot going on in both your lives and to plan a wedding wouldn't fit into any of your busy schedules.

but he knew in his heart that someday soon he was going to marry you.

so he felt that he wanted to somehow keep that promise to you.

he walked into the jewelry store as the perfect promise ring caught his eye.

he couldn't wait for tonight to finally be able to give it to you.

- sitting at the dining table -

joseph always enjoyed dinner with you because it was a great end to his day, just talking with you.

" i have a small gift for you. " he smiled, reaching into his pocket for the box.

" baby, i hate it when you spend money on me. " you replied with a laugh.

" well, this one's special, my love. " he insisted as he placed the box in front of you.

" open it. " he said placing his hand onto your thigh.

" oh my god, joe. it's beautiful. " you replied looking back at him with teary eyes.

" it's a promise ring. we both know we have a lot going on right now, but i just had to show you that i'm gonna marry you someday soon.
i promise you i will. and i wanted this to be a small reminder. " he said.

" thank you, baby. i love it and i love you. " you smiled Wiking the tear that fell.

" i love you too, sweetheart. " he replied as he leaned forward to place a kiss on your lips.

he slid it onto your finger and you both were so excited for the future.

much love,
- morgan :)