fighting with you sucks

" oh, for fucks sake! " you yelled at your boyfriend who was absolutely fuming.

" is that all you can say? " he replied running his hands through his hair in frustration.

" what? you are seriously not expecting me to apologize? " you scoffed.

" that's exactly what i want from you, yes. "

" you have to be shitting me. you were the one who made this a way bigger thing than it had to be. you weren't thinking logically! " you said as you shoved past him to the kitchen.

" y/n, you cant be pissed at me for caring. " he stated.

he was now fed up.

and so were you.

this was never going to end well.

" you could've handled it better. that's all i'm saying. i hung out with a friend who's a guy.
just because we're dating doesn't mean i'm going to change my life for you. nothing will justify you being an absolute dick about this whole situation. "

he was just staring back at you with a blank look on his face.

you scoffed.

" you know what? don't even bother sleeping in the same bed as me tonight. you're sleeping on the couch until you realise that this is the last time you treat me like this. " you said while you walked in the direction of the door.

" where are you going y/n? " he asked rushing after you.

" i cannot be here right now, joe. " you replied as you grabbed your keys.

once you slammed the door he knew that this whole fight had simply gone too far.

- present -

you hated it when you two fought.

it felt like you were so alone everytime it happened which luckily wasn't often.

after 10 missed calls from joseph you finally felt ready to go back home.

he simply couldn't sleep until he knew you were safe back home with him.

in the time he waited for you he realised that he didn't handle it well at all.

you tried your best to return home as quietly as possible but once he beard the door open he immediately got up off the couch and walked toward you.

" thank god you're home. you had me worried sick, love. " he said while he tried to wrap his arms around you.

" joe please i just need to get to bed. " you turned away from him to walk upstairs.

he sighed as he watched you walk away.

he went to sit on the couch and didn't even bother trying to fall asleep.

you sat up in your bed unable to get any sleep, you never sleep without joseph in bed with you.

after hours of tossing and turning you heard him come upstairs and you felt the relief wash over you.

" can't sleep either? " he asked sitting down across from you.

" not without you no. " you replied playing with your fingers.

" i'm so so sorry, my love. you're right i was being a dick. if anything 'dick' is an understatement. " he said moving closer to you.

" i swear to you that i'll try to be better at handling fights. fighting with you sucks and seeing you upset knowing it's because of me makes it even worse. "

you could hear in his voice that he was truly apologetic.

" please promise me we will never let any fight get that bad again? i don't ever want to leave this house angry with you. " you said as you held out your pinky.

" i promise. " he said, interlocking your pinkies and sealing it with a kiss.

" i love you, idiot. " you smiled and he returned it.

he leaned forward and placed a kiss to your lips.

" i love you more. " he replied.

much love,
- morgan ;)