17- Highly regrettable

"If you fill the crates with food or phonograph records, I will gladly exchange them for a key to your future," Maggie read out loud from the paper.

"It lists coordinates for a meeting spot," Rosita added. Maggie handed the paper to Michonne and stepped up to the trunk of the car. She looked over the empty crates in the back.

"This isn't the Saviors," Michonne insisted. "They'd blow through the gate, make a big show. This isn't that."

Alden shook his head. "This is some kind of sick joke. I agree that it's not the Saviors because this really isn't their style. But someone's playing a sick joke on us."

"I wouldn't put nothing past them," Maggie said.

"Well,if it is a trap, it's kind of obvious," Rosita shot back.

"Which is what could make it a trap."

"What if it's someone who actually wants to help?" Michonne asked softly.

"Yeah, but who has enough time and resources to help other people out?" Alden piped up and shook his head.

"If someone's trying to help and we miss out, we miss out," Maggie continued. "If somebody is trying to kill us, we die."

"Not if we're careful," Michonne tried.

Alden looked at Maggie. "I can go with Michonne, if you want. Test the waters, so to speak."

"Oh, I'm going either way," Michonne said firmly.

"You go, I go," Rosita told Michonne. She switched her gaze to Alden. "But I don't want you to come. You might have saved Sasha, but I still don't trust you."

"That's fair." He nodded and took a step back. "I'll tap out if that's what you want. Just wanted to help."

Michonne directed herself towards Maggie, "this is a chance we can't pass up. It might change everything."

"Jesus and the others have been scavenging, and we're still starving. Maybe this person does have something that can help." Maggie agreed after a couple of seconds of thinking it over. "I'll grab some records, in case this is real." She nudged Alden. "Grab me some extra clips, in case it isn't. And tell Sasha I'm going to need her help with this one because you're going to stay here, you'll be of more use."

"So Rick's off on a suicide mission because they lost Alexandria and now the Saviors are on their way here and they'll attack tonight

"So Rick's off on a suicide mission because they lost Alexandria and now the Saviors are on their way here and they'll attack tonight. But we traded a bunch of records for a goddamn book and some food?" Alden was still wrapping his head around everything that had happened today because it was all so strange. Not stranger than the dead coming back to live, but strange all the same. "You know someone's gotta write this down because no one's gonna believe this actually happened."

"You should read that book. It's going to help us build this place up, make it better," Maggie said. "Pretty sure you'll love what's written in there."

"After tonight," he shot back. "After."