Chapter 14 The plan to freedom

The elevator opened with a ding as both of you walked inside. 035 continued to reassure you. "I've escaped here plenty of times. I promise I will do it again. With you, this time."

You nodded as you slowly gained some confidence.

A silence came over you two as you waited for the elevator to open up.

Before it did, however, you felt like you needed to do something.

You took a step closer to 035, and hugged him.

It took him a second before he chuckeled and hugged you back.

The elevator opened again with another ding, and you let go from the hug. 035 peaked out before motioning you to follow.

You made it. You're outside.

The fresh, cool air hit you skin as you took in a deep breath. The sky was black with several white dots. "What are those, papa?"

"Hm?" He looked up. "Oh! Those are stars."

"What are stars?"

Just as he was about to respond, a explosion happened ahead, causing you to have to put pressure on your leg to keep balance. "Come, now. We must leave."

035 started to run. "Papa!!" You yelled.

He quickly skidded to a halt and looked back. You motioned to your shot leg. 035 facepalmed at his own stupidity.

He jogged back up to you. "So sorry darling. Here,"

He picked you up in a piggy back, before he started running.

He took a sharp left, down some stairs, and kept running into a small tunnel until he reached the other side.

Helicopters were everywhere. Several SCPs that you didnt even know were out here. There was a giant lizard thingy that was swiping at the helicopters that were in the air. You recognized 173 out there getting captured since he couldnxt move.

035 quickly went back into the tunnel. "Could you perhaps close your eyes during this?"

"Why?" You asked.

"Because there's a certain SCP than you cannot glance at his face."

"...096?" You took a second to remember the number.

"Yes."

"Alright."

You closed your eyes and held on 035 tighter.

You listened out.

The thumps of the host's feet thumped against the ground as the perpelers of the helicopters and gunshots drowned them out. You could hear the occasional helicopter being destroyed and the screams of someone seeing 096's face. 

"Attention, all personell. We are detonating the Alpha Warhead. Evacuate now."

"Papa? What's the Alpha Warhead."

"Something that is not good right now!!" Urgancy in his voice.

"Is it bad?"

"Yes! Greatly!"

035 picked up his pace. You heard a door open then close as his footsteps were now echoing.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yes." He replied more calmly.

You opened your eyes and looked around. You were in a narrow hallway, running down it.

There was another door at the end at which 035 reached pretty quickly. He slammed the button on it to make the door open.

Ahead of you was a forest, but you didn't know what it was. "Woooooah!" You said in awe! "What are those??" You asked.

035 didnt respond, as he continued to run, breaking the forest line and running through the underbrush.

After several agonizing seconds, a loud boom bursted in your ears as a powerful shockwave sent 035 off his feat.

He anticipated this, however, as he quickly took you off his back and carried you infront of him, and as he fell, he wrapped his arms around you to protect you as you both started tumbling down a hill.

Because of 035, you didn't feel much of anything other than the wind, and 035 didnt feel any pain to falling down the hill.

Eventually you both stopped rolling, and reached the bottom of the hill. You were breathing heavily, before the arms around you slowly let go. You slowly got off of him and stood up and looked around.

You made it. You actually made it out.

End of Chapter 14