Chapter 11 A new meaning to life

You groaned as you woke up confused.

You felt like you were just walking to Gate A... What happened?

You then noticed the arms wrapped around you. You didn't move however.

One of the arms gently rose up and stroked your hair, then you knew who it was.

"Papa...?" You whispered in the silence.

"There you are." His voice responded back.

You blinked a couple times before you yawned. "What happened?"

"Well..."

You readjusted yourself before sitting up, the arms wrapped around you now gone.

You looked at the mask.

He was in a new host. It seemed to be another scientist. Though not the same one that he killed. He was beyond repair.

Wait. That's what happened.

You smiled. "Nevermind. Let's go." You said.

"...Alright."

The mask stood up from his old position as you started to walk for the door to the room.

Once you both made it out to the hallway, you looked at 035 for which way to go, but insteed he talked.

"Dear, did you perhaps know that man?"

You nodded. "He was the... guy that kidnapped me, and brought me here."

"Why wouldn't you tell me this before?"

"Because I didn't remember what happened until I heard his voice. It was the exact same on that day." You said. "I would've told you if I remembered."

A moment of silence happened and you both stared at each other. You stared at him with a small begging face, while he stared at you with that eternal smiled. Unreadable like always.

"Can we just... get out of here?" You asked.

"...If you wish to."

You nodded and looked down.

"Alright. Let us be off then. We're heading to Gate A."

"Okay."

035 turned around to start walking, but before he made it to the next room you quickly walked up next to him and grabbed his hand. He looked down on you before squeezing your hand slightly and continued to walk.

-------------------------------

"Papa?"

"Yes?" He responded.

"I've got a question."

"Go on."

"Are... are you okay? It's not like you to not hide how you're feeling."

Something like a sigh came from the mask as he stopped walking. "Alright, listen,"

He crouched down to your height as you looked at him.

"I... can't promise that we'll make it out of here..."

"What?? Why not??"

"There's going to be a lot of chaos out there darling. Part of the deal 079 mentioned is that once I give him control to the whole facility, he was going to release a lot SCPs. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to keep you safe--"

"But you will."

If he could've smiled, he would've. You always were there to lift up his spirits. You were the one to not make him lonely anymore, after all.

"You're right, Y/n."

You smiled. "I know I am~" You said as you puffed out your chest.

He laughed.

"C'mon. We're gonna get out of here." He said as he stood up straight again.

"Yeah!! Lead the way!!"

And he did exactly that.

End of Chapter 11