Chapter 4 Sirens

A week goes by since then.

The scientist kept coming back everyday to hand you food. The first couple days, he was eyeing 035, flinching at the littlest ove movements. But recently, he hasn't been. Only a couple glances.

You and 035 were in the middle of him telling a story to you, when the door to the containment suddenly opened. Startled, you jumped from the sudden noise. "Ahh. Another breach I see." 035 commented as he stood up from the table.

He was about to exit, before he stopped, and turned around to look at you. He didn't speak for a second, until, "Come with me, little one."

You stood up, and waddled over to where he was. He turned around, and walked to the door infront of him, pressing a button on the side, opening the door. 

You followed him through another room, and to another door, which he opened.

Apperently, this was a room where scientists were working, because there were several people on their computers, doing work. No one looked at the door, seeming not to care.

035 scanned the room, before leaving, and closing the door. He crouched down to your height. "Do you mind waiting out here, darling? There are people in there I need to... take care of."

"Okay..." You mumbled, confused on what was going on.

035 stood up straight, and opened the door again. He walked through, and closed the doors behind him.

Sudden screams came from the room he entered, causing you to jump, and take a couple steps back.

After a couple minutes of unspeakable noises, the door opened and shuts again, as 035 walked through. "Alright. We can--"

Sirens blasted the room in noise. You covered your ears in panic. Finally, the confusion and loud sounds got to you, as you started to cry.

----------------------------------------------------

035 tensed a little at the sudden loud noise cutting him off. Suprised, none the less. 035 watched you as you covered your ears at the noise, before seeing tears fall out of your eyes. And that's when it hits him.

You're a child. Alone in this... messed up foundation. Scared. Confused. And the only thing you can rely on, is him.

If the heart of the mask's host was his, he would feel sympathetic. But somehow, he felt it anyway. How? Not even he knows... Yet, does it matter?

Returning to the situation. 035 picked you up, since you were covering your ears. Not like you would be able to hear him over the sirens anyway.

You didn't resist the action, seeming as you were too caught up with everything else going on.

After a couple rooms, 035 managed to find a place where the sirens were off. Or broken. 

He set you down. "Are you alright, darling?" He asked.

You wiped the tears streaming down your face. "I- I wanna go home..." You sobbed.

He let out a sigh. "I'm afraid this is your home now, little one. But..." he turned his head away. "I supposed I could..."  he mumbled.

Your crys softened a little as you stared at the mask.

The mask faced you again. "I supposed I can get us both out of here." He said as he stood straight up.

You followed his head as it raised much higher.

"Come now, let us be on our way." He held his hand out to you.

You grabbed it, though your hand was much smaller than the mask's host was. But you were still able to grab a finger.

And just like that, you were both off, with him gently tugging you along.

End of Chapter 4