Chapter 9 A deal completed

You two continued to walk with no conversations to entrance zone. The place you knew the least. A little bit of excitment build up in you as you finally got to some new grounds to memorize.

As usual, during the breaches, special armed forces called the Nine Tail Fox comes around and caused you to lose time to explore.

But now that you're escaping? You cant afford to get caught. 035 knew that.

Is that what's bothering him?

...

Oh yeah.

"Papa? 079 requested our help."

"Right. We'll head there now."

More silent walking. Only some bangs or unimaginable noises from other rooms.

But eventually you did make it to the room, but before you could enter, several pairs of footsteps approached the room first.

035 was quick to pull you back into another room and hid behind the door.

Neither of you could hear what they were talking about. Only a couple of words.

They went inside the room, while two of them stood guard.

Then all the lights shut off.

The tension in the room only got higher and higher as anxiety kicked in.

What if they knew you went in here? And attacked you but you couldn't see them?

"Alright men. Remember to have your night vision on, and let's move."

Several pairs of footsteps walked past the room you were in and faded into the distance.

035 quietly walked up to the door and listened.

Another pair of footsteps.

"Wait! Captin'! I'm on my way!" A single voice came from the hall.

He walked right infront of the room, before 035 sent a tendril out, nearly managing to grab the soldier.

He yelled in suprise before 035 was quick to squeeze his body, killing him instantly.

You weren't able to see anything due to the darkness, but 035 rummaged around the ground a bit before hinding the man's helmet. He took it off the dead body. "Y/n, dear?" He called out.

"Yes papa?" You said as you walked next to him.

"Here."

He handed you the helmet. "What's this?"

"Put it on your head."

You did as you were told.

"Wooooah!" You said in awe. "I can see! Everything's green!"

"Good. Now, can you perhaps lead us to 079's room?"

"Yes papa."

You grabbed his hand and lead him through the room. You both made it to the door which 035 broke open. You climbed the stairs and went to the control panel, which you flipped two switches, one being to turn the lights back on, and one to enable 079 to control the facility.

"Who turned on the lights again??" A voice came from the helmet that made you jump.

You quickly took it off in response and gave it to 035.

He seemed to understood what happened as he put the helmet on awkwardly. "Dispatch 2, Cadet 23. I turned on the lights because I was left behind by my squad, and... SCP-173 was around the corner as my night vision was just about to run out. I'm sorry if I caused any problems Captain." 035 said in a near perfect voice to the cadet.

"Understood. We will return there shortly."

"No, no. It's alright. 173 seemed to chase after someone else. I'll catch up with you guys. Give me a couple minutes."

"Copy."

035 then took of the helmet and threw it to the side.

You smiled brightly. "Good job papa!" You clapped for him.

He bowed in response. "Well what can I say? I'm a master actor~"

You giggled. "Yeah yeah. You and your theater." You waved your hand dismissively and started to walk.

"Thank you for your service 035. I have unlocked Gate A for you to escape if that is what you wish."

"Oh! How generous of you!"

You smiled as you knew exactly what that meant.

"That means we can see the outside! Right papa?"

035 looked down on you. "Yes... Of course."

Hesitant.

Your smile faded once he looked away.

What is he hiding??

End of Chapter 9