Chapter 13 Humanity's need.

You slowly woke up from a good sleep. You yawned and looked around.

You saw your papa sitting in a near by chair. You assumed he was busy looking through his host's life, like he always does when he's bored. You would've called out, but he was in the middle of exploring.

"Ah... So you were forced to take this job in order to protect your family... I would've done the same..."

Silence.

He shifted in his chair.

More silence.

Normally you would shake him out of it, but you didn't feel like getting up. It's probably better that you stayed where you are now because of your leg.

"Hmm... Another choice I wouldn't quite expect from you. You're full of surprises, aren't you...?"

"Papa..." You gently called out.

The mask instantly snapped out of his memory-inflitration faze and raised his head up. "Y/n!"

He stood up from his chair and quickly walked over to you, then crouched down.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah... I'm a little hungry though..."

"Ah... Well I suppose we could stop by the cafeteria. There should be plenty of food there."

"Okay." You said as you lifted your arms up to him, telling him to pick you up.

He chuckled at the gesture and listened, again picking you up. "This reminds me so much about when you were younger, always wanting me to pick you up all the time."

You softly giggled. "Well I am pretty cute." You said.

"You got that right."

Silence ensued after that.

--------------------------

"Alright." 035 said as he opened the door to the cafeteria with his host's elbow. "Here we are."

You looked around the room before he slowly went down the stairs.

"We will probably need to hurry though, darling. I'll help you grab what you want."

"Okay papa."

He entered the kitchen part, and went straight to the food reserve.

"Anything you want?" He asked as he slowly walked around.

You pointed at the thing you felt in the mood for, and he grabbed it and handed it to you.

You munched on it as 035 exited the cafeteria. "Alright. I suppose we'll head to the gates, yes?"

You smiled and nodded.

He shifted his hold on you, so that he could carry you with one hand, so he could have a free hand to open doors.

Before you could make it to the gates however, a announcement came over the speakers. "Another NTF unit has entered the building through Gate-A."

Well, you were right next to the gate.

035 used another tendril to lift himself into the air again, taking you with him again.

The squad said something about entering the foundation, and ran right past you.

He waited a extra minute before slowly lowering himself to the ground, and peaking out before continuing. Don't want the same thing that happened last time to happen again.

"Alright..." He mumbled as he slowly continued towards the gate. "Do you think you can walk?" He asked you.

"I... probably?"

He slowly set you down, and you tried walking.

"It hurts a little, but yeah."

"Alright. Come now, we're not far."

The next room and to the right, was Gate A.

You both walked in because the gate was left opened, and called the elevator down.

"Papa..."

"Yes?"

"I'm... I'm scared."

035 chuckled. "My, this isn't like you at all, dear. Where's my happy giggly daughter?"

You looked up at him, your face not chaging.

"Don't worry dear, I have a plan~"

You nodded and looked down.

"Oh, and Y/n?"

You looked back up.

"I'll protect you darling~"

End of Chapter 13

...

Roll the credits.