Chapter 7 Intense hide and seek

"Y/n! For God's sake! Where are you?"

You laughed silently as you readjusted your position.

Your laugh was cut short due to a unexpected movement to the box you were behind being moved. "There you are! Jeez. You-"

You shot out of your hiding spot and ran. Fast. "HEY!!"

You ran through several halls you memorized better than the back of your hand. But ended up in one of the dead ends.

Damn it.

"Y/n." The person chasing you said out of breath. "Stop running... and hiding... and go back to your cell."

Ehh it had been a few hours.

"Fiiiine." You said in a disappointed tone, though you were quite the opposite.

That was your new record! Exactly 2 hours, 32 minutes, and 8 seconds! The longest you managed to stay hidden.

------------------------------------

"Go on."

You happily entered the cell you knew all too well. "Hi papa." You said as you entered.

035's host folded his hands together as he was seated down at the table. "Ah. Welcome back young one. This was the longest time you managed to hide from those guards."

"I know, right?"

You're confused, aren't you? Let me explain.

It's been a entire 10 years since that happened. 10 years of you being stuck in this cell with 035. And yet, it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

035 basically became a father figure to you. You call him 'papa' or masky still. But it mostly changed to papa.

Despite literally living in the SCP foundation, it's been a absolute blast.

Several breaches happened in those 10 years. And all of that was spent looking around the foundation in amusement. 035 knew the entire place like it was his own personal stage at a theater. And you knew most of it. Though you haven't been to entrance zone many times. Only a couple. You haven't been there enough to memorize it.

You completly forgot about your old life. Seeming as you were really young back then.

"It was so fun too!" You continued. "I hid in the storage room for about a hour, before I went away to one of the SCP's containment! I think it was the bell? I can't remember the number. Anyway! I also said hi to 999! No one was on guard of it, so I said hi. Then I moved to the next storage room but I didn't know there was someone else in there. I tried to hide, but it was too late."

"Sounds like you ran out of energy, huh? Running everywhere in Heavy Containment?" He responded.

"Yeah. I'm exhausted."

You laid down on the floor. You laid there for a while, before you noticed how quiet it was on the opposite side of the glass. No one was watching right now.

You laid your head back down and stared at the ceiling. Then, your mind started to wonder.

You wondered what it was like in the outside world. Not in this building, but outside. You heard several things about the outside world from 035. Like how theres this 'sun's that lights up the world. And how it could get hot and cold depending on the 'year'.

You decided to ask.

"Hey, papa?" You said.

"Yes dear?"

"What is the outside world like?"

"Ah. Well it's much lovelier out there than it is in here."

"What's out there, though?"

"Anything you want dear Y/n."

You thought for a bit. "Do you think we could ever go out there?"

"How about this."

You looked at the mask.

"What if the next time theres a breach, we go to the outside world. How about it?"

You smiled. "That would be amazing papa."

You returned to your old position and continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Well, why wait anyway?" A distant tone.

"Huh?"

You caught the eye sight of 035 to be looking at the camera. You looked to see the camera blue. You gasped in excitement. "079!"

"Bingo."

"035. Remember the deal we made exactly 5 week, 2 days, 52 minutes, and 42 seconds ago." The speaker spoke by itself.

"Ah! Yes, of course I know. I'll grant you access to the rest of the facility."

"What deal?" You asked out of curiosity.

The door to the cell opened as the camera turned red.

"I made a deal with SCP-079 that they would release us on this day to reactivate their control over the entire foundation." He explained.

"Ah."

"Come along now. This is the breach. We're gonna escape this dreaded place, so I can finally show you the real world."

You smiled as he walked out the door. You followed.

End of Chapter 7